Places to live near St Lucia Campus - University of Qld

Hi All,

We have a cousin moving to Brissy to take a course at UoQ St Lucia campus. He's looking for a place to live (and not share). What suburbs would you recommend? Convenince is paramount and I'd think so is cost being a young student. He was looking up Altitude Apartments and they don't look cheap http://altitudeapartments.com.au/prices/

What about Indooroopilly, High Gate Hill? What about St Lucia itself?

I'm not entirely familiar with rents in Brissy. However what would be reasonable for a 1br / 2 br apartment?

Thoughts / Suggestions welcomed.

Thanks,
MsAli

Last edited:
Hi All,

We have a cousin moving to Brissy to take a course at UoQ St Lucia campus. He's looking for a place to live (and not share). What suburbs would you recommend? Convenince is paramount and I'd think so is cost being a young student. He was looking up Altitude Apartments and they don't look cheap http://altitudeapartments.com.au/prices/

What about Indooroopilly, High Gate Hill? What about St Lucia itself?

I'm not entirely familiar with rents in Brissy. However what would be reasonable for a 1br / 2 br apartment?

Thought / Suggestions welcomed.

Thanks,
MsAli

Maybe try the other side of the river where one catch the bus across the river from Dutton-Park, Annerley,,Yeronga,,Buranda,,Highate-Hill,West-End,or as I see each morning so many walk or ride bikes onto the bridge then into "UQ",a low price area for one bedroom units is Yeronga which is walking distance from "UQ" if you like walking..

Thanks guys. That's a good start. He is actually an international student :). Are there any issues with tenancy of non student accommodation by international students? I'd assume you'd need to offer a few months rent in advance to win over a lease when first renting out....

When is he looking to move? There are a number of places around UQ that are within walking distance. Have a look at Realestate.com.au or uqrentals.com.au. There are lots of properties on their. I also manage an apartment complex near Toowong. If you want more information regarding that then please let me know.
Lots in that area will rent to international students as that is the largest demographic looking for housing.

Back