Planning for CIP No.1

What sort of CIP are you looking at in that price range Aaron? Office / Industrial / Retail / other?

If you can afford it the bigger the better, definitely agree. Much better class of tenant.

I'd prefer something with a mixture of retail and office. Industrial sounds good because of the lack of jurisdiction of the Retail Leases Act but I think the whole manufacturing space isn't a good one right now particularly in Victoria.

Aaron, one more question - noticed from your signature you are MB.

What is the lowest CIP loan rate you can get hold of now without periodic reviews?

At 8.2% fixed with ADL now (3 yr fixed) from a 75% LVR, but wondering if you tip in capital to get to say <60% or < 50% LVR if you can get materially better rates.

Big difference to the c. 6% resi rates (variable) these days....

There's a few lenders that don't have periodic reviews. One of them is IMB who has a no-fee / no annual review product. I haven't got an update from them since the RBA rate reduction but I would expect them to price around 7.8% variable after the change.

Hunting around and thought Id give this fantastic thread a bump. Looking at medium term purchase of CIP (office or ind).

Any update on progress Younguns?

Hunting around and thought Id give this fantastic thread a bump. Looking at medium term purchase of CIP (office or ind).

Any update on progress Younguns?

Thanks for the revival of this thread.....I read with interest as I too am travelling down this road!

pinkboy

Update

Hi all,

We have nothing exciting to report yet. We decided we wanted to get a decent buffer behind us before venturing into the commercial world. I don't think we quite realised exactly how much of a buffer we would need to sleep well at night!

We have been tight for a long time cash flow wise and would like to get the balance right.

Commercial is definitely still on the agenda but I would say we are 2 years away now. The plan is to pay down non deductible debt and focus on the family until we are a little more comfortable.

Good luck with your purchases. I will read with great interest on your progress :)

Yes following this thread with great interest as well. I am on a similiar crossroads. I have the 2 x IP and a PPOR. My next target is to
a) Invest in a residential with potential for subdivision or b) Invest in a CIP circa 500 - 600k.

I am leaning towards b) as I am finding whilst residential tenants are easy to find, they move so often and the cost of re-leasing is such a pain - an I only own 2!

I have been reading a lot and I agree good consistent information is hard to find. This forum has been super helpful. After so much reading, I think my action plan would be something like this:

1) Find a commercial property buyers agent. To assist with the due dligence process. Its not that I dont do enough research, but I think there is just things that I dont know I dont know. If that makes sense.

2) Find a loan broker

3) Find a solicitor

4) Find a managing agent

Breaking it down like that, it doenst really seem all that different to residential property. This was exactly what I did for my RIPs, although I didnt use the buyers agent as I was a lot more confident then. The biggest task for me is probably the change of perspective and the misconception that CIPs a lot more risky and only for the big shots.

Is my action plan to simplified? Am I missing something?

Just as a side note - Is negative gearing available for CIPs as well?

I'd suggest speaking to a good accountant regarding your best structure for purchasing your CIP in.

This will also answer your question regarding negative gearing.

Rooster

Back