Planning for first IP with no cash at the moment

Hello,

I recently purchased PPOR in Sydney and got my foot in the door of property market. I'm planning to purchase IP an year or two from now and would like to develop my knowledge in that aspect. Would request fellow forum members to suggest few good books/magazines to start with that gives basic understanding on property investment concepts.

Am very tight on cash but want to aim for IP1 even if it looks a distant reality for now.

Just keep reading this forum.

And never use cash for an investment while you have non deductible debt. Otherwise you will be throwing tax deductions away.

Just keep reading this forum.

And never use cash for an investment while you have non deductible debt. Otherwise you will be throwing tax deductions away.

Thanks Terry. I have decided to read few books suggested by the forum members to get better understanding of IP and prepare myself in a year or two to jump into the real world of property investing.

Hello, Would request fellow forum members to suggest few good books/magazines to start with that gives basic understanding on property investment concepts.

Jaik2012,

You can not go past this book, More Wealth, written by the hosts of this Property Investment Forum.

It is the holy bible of residential property investing in Australia and is 'The Book' that is the catalyst for me Building a Multi-Million Dollar Residential Property Portfolio and retiring early.

Do yourself a favour - just get it!

Jaik2012,

You can not go past this book, More Wealth, written by the hosts of this Property Investment Forum.

It is the holy bible of residential property investing in Australia and is 'The Book' that is the catalyst for me Building a Multi-Million Dollar Residential Property Portfolio and retiring early.

Thanks Rixter. The book looks to have been written many years ago. Apologies for a stupid question but is this still good read in the current trend? Is there any updated version that's out in the market?

Jaik2012,

Thanks a ton Rixter for the reco. I have started reading 'More Wealth' book and find it very helpful...most importantly very simple without any confusing jargon.

Back