Plasterboard Wall Anchors?

G'day Knuckleheads,

Uncle Knackers here. Have you ever had trouble deciding what plasterboard wall anchors you need to hang things like a picture, curtain rod, smoke detector or toilet roll holder etc? Don't worry about it, l've just knocked up a video demonstrating my favourite plasterboard wall anchor. Have a squizz. The link is below. Let me know what yours is. I'd be really curious to find out if there is anything else out there that l havn't seen yet. If there is l'd love to try it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdCTaDr6J-o

Cheers. :)

Anchor man , you definitely have too much time on you hands...

Since its a Wall anchor, maybe for short, we should call you W-anchor man! :eek:

do luv your work btw ;)

but I love not having to drill a hole with the wallmates.
If you strip the thread then they will let go,the ramsets just set-self brace into the wall ,not sure they are still made in NZ but for the extra few bucks upfront they are the only ones i use..imho..

If you strip the thread then they will let go,the ramsets just set-self brace into the wall ,not sure they are still made in NZ but for the extra few bucks upfront they are the only ones i use..imho..

You mean strip the plastic of the wallmate with the thread of the screw? Luckily never had that problem. I must be a good screwer. :D;)

As long as you stay within the weight recommendations on the packet there shouldn't be any dramas. I love the things and never go to a job without them.

Good pick up Willair. I had the bloody tape on the pavers next to me but forgot to put it on when l re-installed the spindle! You can get a bit forgetful when the camera starts to roll. Cheers, Mate.

The Banjo sounds good ,the only problem with those wall mounts are if they are set too hard they will give over time depending on what hanging off them,i use ramset and once you set them in they are set for life..

http://www.ramset.com.au/Product/Detail/86/Hollow-Wall-Anchors

those are good - they're sold in bunnings i used them to hang slightly heavier items.

but the wallmates are equally good and handly like hanging pictures or magnetic boards etc.

Thought they were OK until I found these - love em!!

Buildex Super Wall-Mates

These?

images

Back