Please Can Anyone Help Us??

Is the pot calling the kettle black???????????;):eek:JO
I thought it an appropriate comment to make in view of your recent experience. :p Now, let's never speak of noodles again.

I am concerned for the OP's though, because if they don't take massive action NOW after already being in arrears, then that will be what's on the menu. :(

Hi prop,

While I don't advocate it, I think you will find that there are quite a few Investors here who have used their credit cards when times have been tough.

There are even investors who have placed their deposit for their IP on their Credit Cards.

The Credit Card is either a Financial Tool or an Endless Debt Pit. If used properly and to it's advantage, it can be utilised. You know that.:)

Regards JO

No payback...feel the love Prop! I happen to hate two minute noodles though because they are high in carbs and hold absolutely no nutritional value.

Kids loved them though...when were living on credit cards....:eek:

Now that's enough of the credit card jokes.:)

Regards JO

Harvey Norman are doing the package where no interest is required until 2012. The risk is that you still wont have the money to pay it back then, and then the interest rate is horrendous. The trick is to pay more than what they say to pay because they calculate it so that you will always end up owing something at the end of the period, and then whammy. We recently furnished (with leather lounges, flat screen TV) a two bedroom apartment for around $15,000. Included all kitchen facilities, washing machine and fridge. Better quality than what I have at home too.

Tough gig getting finance approved through HN with no job. Number one issue if you're going to continue down the path of trying to retain is getting a job somewhere evn if it requires a couple of hours or so commuting. Without the income any type of finance is going to be tough. Once employed ANZ may look differently on the situation otherwise refinancing the PPOR maybe possible.

Regards
Steve

I agree that leaving most of your own furniture there, and renting something really cheap with second hand furniture yourself for a while could get you out of trouble.

I would not be spending $30K on furniture, money you have to borrow, to try to get out of this.

Sounds tough and although its great that you can see the potential in keeping the house...you sorta gotta make a decision based on what position you're in now if you cannot secure jobs immediately for the both of you. I can't see an easy and smart way of financing it (i'm not that creative normally anyway :confused:) however, there are always fantastic deals to be bought and every day you can find that 'deal of the year' so not all is bad if you sell it. Plus look at it in terms of protecting your credit file...i can't imagine ANZ will let you go on much longer in arrears with no secure jobs etc...your credit file is so important in the finance game, i would do all i can to protect it. Give it some thought.

With regards to furnishing....we buy all our 'display' furniture when we place a house on the market and we can furnish an entire house as if its ready for someone to move into and live for less than $2000. Now you might think we're using fairly crappy looking cheap stuff but you'd be surprised. To give you an idea our taste is very contemporary and along the lines of Freedom Furniture's look. We buy alot of things brand new but also some 2nd hand stuff still in very good nick off ebay and out of the papers. In fact we bought a Freedom 6mth old frosted glass top dining table that retails for $500 for $70. Its practically brand new and super modern. It takes a bit of effort but if you don't have the $30K to spend then i'd imagine you wouldn't mind putting in that extra little bit of effort to achieve a more reasonable budget.

Would love to hear how you're coming along as i know this thread is a few days/weeks old already (haven't been on in a little while :eek:)

Back