please help me find where I can make savings on my weekly budget

I can't believe just how tight some people are! :)

You don't need to cut everything out of your life, there's more to life than saving every last dollar you can. What is the point of having $10M in investment properties, but not living along the way? I think some people on this forum have an addiction/obesession with making as much money as they can. Invest in your life, take time out, spend some money! :D I have a friend who is a huge tight@rse and never does anything, I like to think there is a nice balance. Be sensible with your money, but don't cut out everything you enjoy. If you enjoy your sport that you play, keep it. If travelling is important to you, keep that too, maybe cut it back a little (and I don't agree with the do it later - later, you might be married with kids and that will hold you back. Do it while you're young and free). Investing is about making some sacrificies but don't sacrifice your entire life for it. Perhaps cut out the gym, cut back on eating out etc. Make some sacrifices but don't give it all up! Enjoy life, you're only young once and there's no point going to the grave with $10M invested but wishing you had done the backbacker trip around Europe when you were young like everyone else did, or wishing you had played football for as many years as you could before the arthritis kicked in.

I'm not having a go at anyone, each to their own, but my opinion is, it's all about finding the right balance. You only get one life, so enjoy it!

perhaps you are correct, and some, have an addiction in this, but some here really know poor, and it feels crap being poor, thank god for the salvo's

no i was refering to the chicken we had been given for christmass once upon a time.........................:eek:
Oh and the loaf of stale bread.

Back