Please help with internal colour scheme

Dulux has recently released an extra-bright ceiling while paint -- Light and Breezy I think. I used it in the PPOR and it definitely was whiter than the old paint.

With regards to light colour: brands differ, and light source types differ too (LED, CFL etc). Best try before you buy, and get all the same when you're happy with them.

I like CFL but hate the "slow" ones that take a while to reach full brightness. (The only place where the "slow" ones are great are bedside tables.) IKEA CFLs seem to be really slow, while Philips CFL are pretty fast to come on. LED are instant on, but the IKEA ones I bought have a flicker about half a second after switching on when cold. Dunno about other brands. Just bought some Osram downlights but have not installed them yet.

LEDs are interesting because they are advertised to last 10 years or so. That's practically the expected lifetime of the reno. Will only need to change them when replacing the light fittings. :)

Sandy day

As mentioned, here are a couple of photos... The contrast is a little difficult to see in the "bright" photo, and if I did it again, I would either go quarter on the walls or double on the trim/doors, as I like a stronger distinction.

This is Sandy Day on the doors/trim and half-strength on the walls.

The 3rd photo is the scheme for our own place.

Attachments

• P1080245.JPG
    P1080245.JPG
    683.7 KB · Views: 85
  • P1080238.JPG
    P1080238.JPG
    491 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0398.JPG
    IMG_0398.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 76
thanks for sharing, Vaughan and Wobbycarly.

Wobbycarly - the sandy day colour looks very nice. a bit like hogs bristle but less yellow.

Back