Plumber damages toilet

call service central and ask to speak to Daniel Ahchow , or his Father ("Bruce" the founder, whom I gave my thoughts to on the insulation debacle whilst enjoying a Bourbon or 2),

Even though Im probably not totally liked by them (I say my mind) I can vouch for the fact that they respect their integrity and their reputation as a business..

they will sort it or "contact me through a personal message" and I will do it as a Karma deal (you owe me a beer or two if I visit Sydney when I retire ,,,,roughly 4 years,,, that could be a small fortune by then :) )

Eden

call service central and ask to speak to Daniel Ahchow , or his Father ("Bruce" the founder, whom I gave my thoughts to on the insulation debacle whilst enjoying a Bourbon or 2),

Even though Im probably not totally liked by them (I say my mind) I can vouch for the fact that they respect their integrity and their reputation as a business..

they will sort it or "contact me through a personal message" and I will do it as a Karma deal (you owe me a beer or two if I visit Sydney when I retire ,,,,roughly 4 years,,, that could be a small fortune by then :) )

Eden

Oh , one question before I put my neck out there ....

"DID YOU GET THE TOILET OFF THE INTERNET IN ANY WAY" at all, Grays , local deals etc.....

Eden

Not that you were actually discussing the cost but a skew pan can now be picked up for less that $200

http://www.imperialware.com.au/component/products/product/190

They used to actually cost more whether left or right but since comming out of china they are now the same price.

Cheers

Thanks for the link handyandy,there cheap.

Oh , one question before I put my neck out there ....

"DID YOU GET THE TOILET OFF THE INTERNET IN ANY WAY" at all, Grays , local deals etc.....

Eden

Hi edlev,

Toilet wasn't bought off internet as it's the original toilet.

Cheers Spades.

This is funny :) so you part of the transaction that pay people cash, no receipt and you want to report him to ATO?

what if ATO turn around and said you helping him dodging tax? and want to start auditing you instead?
Firstly plumber asked for cash without receipt.

ATO can audit me all they like,i have nothing to hide nor do i tax dodge.
Um, by your own evidence, you have no receipt but plan to claim the expense. That's illegal.

Hi roe,

Firstly plumber asked for cash without receipt.

ATO can audit me all they like,i have nothing to hide nor do i tax dodge.

Now sour grapes is funny:D

Cheers Spades.

Even if you got nothing to hide having an audit on you isn't cheap
You have to fund the audit process at your own expense and With tax laws you have to prove you are innocent not ATO have to Prove you are guilty.

Ring ATO as a test case for SS and let see how thing pan out so we all can learned -:)
I like to learn from other people fine arts

You have to fund the audit process at your own expense.

I can speak with Authority here that this is exactly what happens.I have been audited forensically 3 times,they do not miss a thing.Yes,you can claim the cost of defending yourself back at the EOFY,but you still have to have the funds to start with.And it aint cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi All,

I had a plumber in to do a bathroom reno and i've discovered not long after that there is a hair line crack on the bottom of toilet.

I rung plumber and he said he supposedly had one on order and would be replaced and installed last tuesday.

Anyhow to date,the @resh0le has been dodging my phone calls.

So what can i do,report him to ato?I want him to pay one way or the other for his negligence...I'll also leave feedback via service central.
Any other suggestions?

Go to the local hardware shop and get some "builder's bog".

Nothing better for the plumber's crack. ;)

Off topic I know but when they audit you

Say a rEno for eexample and your costs are all legit and reasonable

What happens if you'v. Transferred $ to the Tradie account

And he doesn't give you an invoice
Or you misplace it

Or you make a claim which might be small that you thibk is valid but not

Eg I gave a slab of beer to a Tradie who helped me for a few hours to so sonething small
I've got a tax invoice for a slab of beer which is legit but On paper it looks a bit silly

Eg I'm gonna claim the hotel and food bought while I'm interstate doing a Reno for example, if . Make the claim for 50$ for eexample and it turns out to be invalid, do I get the depath penalty?

Say a rEno for eexample and your costs are all legit and reasonable

Eg I gave a slab of beer to a Tradie who helped me for a few hours to so sonething small
I've got a tax invoice for a slab of beer which is legit but On paper it looks a bit silly
Um, why would you be paying a tradie in beer rather than cash, unless it were to avoid tax? By law, they're supposed to declare the value of the beer as income, and remit GST, and pay super, etc. on it, so doesn't giving $50 of beer rather than $50 cash just overly complicate things?

Of course, that's not what happens: the only reason a tradie would ask for payment in beer is because they're intending not to declare the income, pay GST, etc., in which case you can't claim the expense, either.

Paying tradies in cash without a receipt, or in beer etc., is being complicit in tax fraud. I'm not suggesting it's crime of the century, but you have to know that you at least have to keep it on the down-low and not be claiming the beer on your tax return! :eek:

If you think you can claim the beer, then to quote from the Princess Bride: "I do not think 'legit and reasonable' thinks what you think it means". ;)

Um, why would you be paying a tradie in beer rather than cash, unless it were to avoid tax? By law, they're supposed to declare the value of the beer as income, and remit GST, and pay super, etc. on it, so doesn't giving $50 of beer rather than $50 cash just overly complicate things?

Of course, that's not what happens: the only reason a tradie would ask for payment in beer is because they're intending not to declare the income, pay GST, etc., in which case you can't claim the expense, either.

Paying tradies in cash without a receipt, or in beer etc., is being complicit in tax fraud. I'm not suggesting it's crime of the century, but you have to know that you at least have to keep it on the down-low and not be claiming the beer on your tax return! :eek:

If you think you can claim the beer, then to quote from the Princess Bride: "I do not think 'legit and reasonable' thinks what you think it means". ;)

This Tradie owed me a favour
He said he would do sonethigh that we both thought would take 15 mins
It was to clear a gutter
But it turned out the gutter was rusted through
So he got his spare gutter and replaced it for me

So I gave him a slab of beer

Also in the past if tradies do a good job I usually give them a slab of beer as a thanks

Also in the past if tradies do a good job I usually give them a slab of beer as a thanks
I remember having a ding-dong of an argument a few years ago about this topic over on Steve McNight's site.

This bloke was basically saying that if you wanted the tradie to do a good job; keep up the beer.

WTF?

You are paying them money to do a good job, I would have thought.

You shouldn't need to become their best friend and bribe them do what they are paid for with extras.

The beer is simply an extra little surprise as a way of saying thanks for doing an extra special good job, etc.....

Not a right of passage.

He didn't agree, of course - he was a tradie.

Um, by your own evidence, you have no receipt but plan to claim the expense. That's illegal.

Hi Perp,

Tell me where i say i'm going to claim it as an expense?

FYI,it's not yet tenanted,so it won't be claimed as an expense.

Cheers Spades.

Last edited:
Hi Perp,

Tell me where i say i'm going to claim it as an expense?

FYI,it's not yet tenanted,so it won't be claimed as an expense.
OK, I read it as "I will once it's tenanted"; my mistake, apologies.

But I'm still curious why you'd report him to the ATO, though. That leads me to think that you think he did the job for cash, at a lower price, based on him not declaring the income. If so, then by not insisting upon a tax invoice, aren't you complicit in his attempt to defraud the ATO?

Hi Perp,

"I will once it's tenanted"-Where the hell did i write that?

Anyway re:ato,it was used along with contacting consumer affairs,plumbers union as i was getting no response.Nothing more,nothing less.

I have NFI why people want to blow this tax thing out of proportion when all i'm trying to achieve is the plumber fix what he has broken.

Cheers Spades.

Hi Perp,

"I will once it's tenanted"-Where the hell did i write that?
You didn't. I (mis)interpreted it that way, for which I've already apologised.
Spades said:
Anyway re:ato,it was used along with contacting consumer affairs,plumbers union as i was getting no response.Nothing more,nothing less.

I have NFI why people want to blow this tax thing out of proportion when all i'm trying to achieve is the plumber fix what he has broken.
I think people only raised the tax angle in response to you saying that you were contacting the ATO. I think we're perplexed what on Earth this would have to do with the ATO, if you weren't threatening to dob the plumber in for tax evasion or something. Otherwise I can't imagine what this has to do with the ATO. :confused:

Hi Perp,

Sorry i apologize re:misinterpreted.

Anyhow i added the ato with consumer affairs and plumbers union as a scare tactic.

I was getting ****ed off with the plumbers no response,so i txt'd anything that would have a bearing.Anyhow it paid off and that's all that matters.

Cheers Spades.

Last edited:
Back