Plumber in Blacktown

Any recommendations for a good plumber in the Blacktown area ? Property Managers sent out Blacktown City Hot Water Service and they have quoted $3100 to clear a blocked drain.

Thanks
Amelia

Any recommendations for a good plumber in the Blacktown area ? Property Managers sent out Blacktown City Hot Water Service and they have quoted $3100 to clear a blocked drain.

Thanks
Amelia

Recently got a similar sized quote from them to dig out and replace a cracked pipe. They've attended to my property twice so far...

Mini, and you paid that much - twice ??

Well they've unblocked/waterjetted the sewage once for $187, unblocked it again earlier this week (thank goodness it's further downstream where it becomes Sydney Waters responsibility so they're paying for it) but they have advised the pipe is cracked necessitating the replacement. Haven't got them to do it yet and am getting a second opinion.

Hi,
I use Kookaburra as well they are reasonably priced compared to others , I had a quote for a big job Blacktown City Hot Water quoted me $7000,Kookaburra cost me $3600 same thing.

Macca446

Good to know Kookaburra is cheaper. Got a no-dig relining bloke to come and quote for the job, if it's only marginally cheaper than Blacktown I might get Kookaburra in as well for a 3rd opinion :cool:

I used a Plumber for a few jobs in Sydney West. Small or large, he is quiet reasonable.

Andrew Salib
Clever Plumbing Solutions Pty Ltd
Mob 0403 203 968

I got ripped off by another Plumber before I came to Andrew.

In the Blacktown/Penrith local paper under Plumber, there is a ad, always have the biggest AD on top. a photo of a guy saying "Hi There. I'm Sam your Plumbing expert"
Never never Never ever go to this company for plumbing or water tank replacement. I got ripped so badly that it still hurts....
The guy call Sam ( but it doesn't look like the one in the photo) comes to do the quote, but the guy doing the job is outsourced..

Got a second, third and forth opinion today and turns out Blacktown is the cheapest. Would've love to arrange Kookaburra to come as well but need it done ASAP and got no time to muck around. Job getting done early next week and fingers crossed sewage won't be backed up for the fourth time in 2 weeks....:mad:

We've recently had Blacktown Hot water do jobs on a couple of places. One was over $10k, the other around $5k.

In fact, now I come to think of it, we've had a lot of large maintenance bills this year. Been a very expensive one. Several new stoves (one in process currently), a hot water system, guttering and plumbing. Grrrrr!

Here's hoping next year is a cheaper one.

Blacktown Hot Water have given me a recent quote for $8700 to dig up and replace the sewer line. This included cutting down 2 palm trees (probably the source of the roots), knocking over the bbq, excavating 15m and cutting through a driveway (but not relaying it).

I am awaiting the quotes from the re-lining people to hopefully avoid having to dig the driveway up. It's about 30cm thick at least as the previous owner used to park their truck on it.

Fingers crossed.

We went with Kookaburra, they were $300 cheaper than Blacktown Plumbing.
Skater, we've had a few large maintenance bills over 2013 too - hope 2014 is kinder to us, property investors :D

Back