Plumbing issue / drain blockage - please assist

Also if your talking to council, see if yo can talk to the enviro section, done of those nuttets love being a thorn in the side of their co workers!.

Also if your talking to council, see if yo can talk to the enviro section, done of those nuttets love being a thorn in the side of their co workers!.

Thanks for all the info, I've flicked you a PM. Speaking to council before, they were very off-hand about my chances of a claim, spouting how difficult it was to ascertain exactly which tree is causing the damage and who owns it. I made her pull a map up and highlighted there wasn't a single tree on my property, yet a line of council trees all the way along my drain line. I'm no arborist, but it's pretty hard to deny whose trees they are.

She then told me council had inspected trees to the side of the property to my rear, and removed them! Part of my "claim" to council has highlighted this, as in, why didn't they remove the ones alongside my property too at the same time?

Tree roots can travel quite a distance, there's no way to know which trees roots are entering your sewer. I've been to jobs in the city with no trees in view, with the sewer completely blocked with tree roots. It would be best to replace the damaged section with PVC pipe as you would be wasting your money and time removing the trees.

Yep, replacement with PVC is in progress. I know what you mean about roots travelling, but my point with council was there isn't really any private trees around, but there is a reserve choc full of council trees all the way up the side of the property.

Back