PM recommendation NORTHCOTE

Hi,
I'm new to this forum and have found a lot of very helpful information.
I've really been stuffed around by my current PM and am now convinced I need to change(largely thanks to the postings on this site:).Can anyone please recommend a reliable PM in the Northcote area?

My IP is currently vacant. has been for 2 months now! Mistakes have been continually made such as taking the property off their rental list for a week, not listing OFI times which had been told to me, not returning my calls, not showing up to OFI's etc... the list goes on.

If anyone can recommened someone who does their job well and cares about their clients business I would greatly appreciate it.

Or any other advise related to this is also welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam

Last edited:
We used Barry Plant Northcote and were quite happy with them.

Cheers,

The Y-man

For about a year I was a tenant in a property managed by Faye from Barry Plant and she was a switched on PM. When I come to rent out my Northcote property (currently PPoR) I'll probably speak to her.

We use Stefanie at Miles for our Ivanhoe property. She's good, but while Miles do the occasional Northcote/Thornbury property, I'm always a fan of using a local agent.

Cheers
Jonathon

Hi aussierogue,
<please PM for details>
Hopefully not for much longer.
Who are you currently with?

I met with someone from Peter Markovic(Fitzroy office) today to discuss a possible change.
Anyone had experience with them?

Thanks for all the replies so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Northcote Property Manager

Hello

We have three properties in Thornbury and use to be with Peter Markovic and was not very impressed with them.

We have now changed to Room Finder Property Management and deal with Trish Clark and have found her really good and on the ball.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Just another fellow investor who has had a really bad experience with PM's and just offering advise who we are using.

I have just discovered this website and think it is wonderful.

Hi Aussierogue,
I finally made the decision to part ways with current manager. I suggest you do the same.
We experienced continual mistakes and terrible service. Their customer service skills seriously need addressing and their continual rotation of staff doesn't help either.
Anyway, have found a good tenant, have changed PM and feeling better about it all.
Will keep you posted on how the new PM goes.

Thanks everyone for who replied with your suggestions and please keep them coming.
I think it's important for everyone to know who's out there and what kind of service they're receiving.

Just a follow up to my previous posts regarding change of property manager. Since parting ways with the old PM we've recieved great service from Peter Markovic in Fitzroy.
Now a funny story, my partner and I were out for a walk last week and walked past the office of the old PM only to see our property still advertised on their display tv screen in the window, with an open inspection for the month of August last year!!!
We had a good laugh and were again feeling good about our change of PM.

I'm pleased with the change and thanks for all the tips on this forum. Very helpful.

We bought our IP through the old PM (so far out of area, it's not funny). They botched the sales campaign for that pretty well too.
We were seriously unimpressed with their selling skills. Seems their PM skills are similar to their sales techniques.:rolleyes:

It seems as though mentioning the name of the PM company isn't allowed as it's been removed and edited by a site moderator.

Shouldn't ppl be allowed to be made aware who is providing good and bad service???

It seems as though mentioning the name of the PM company isn't allowed as it's been removed and edited by a site moderator.

Shouldn't ppl be allowed to be made aware who is providing good and bad service???

Hi Pakadam,

There are several risks the forum owner runs. eg. you may be a competitor who is deliberately trying to say bad things about the agency - I am sure you are genuine, but there is no way for anyone to tell. Similarly, it leaves the forum owners open to legal action from the named agency for defmation etc.

I am happy for people to PM you and you can respond to their PM's.

Cheers,

The Y-man

Back