PM Stuffed Up RE.com.au listing. Is It a Big Deal?

Got a couple of new units in the suburb Albion that my PM has been looking for tenants for the last month. Looking actively for the last 2-3 weeks.

Just confirmed today that the PM listed the units on RE.com.au in the neighbouring suburb of Sunshine not Albion. Correct address and details but wrong suburb listing.

Here is one of the listings http://www.realestate.com.au/property-unit-vic-sunshine-414575719

Would this mistake make a big difference to finding tenants do you think? :confused:

Came accross this mistake last week and brought it to the PM's attention twice and both times they checked and said no, no mistake.

The agent doesn't have a choice in what suburb that re.com puts the property - this is a common occurrence where the property lies close to the suburb boundary and nominated by the geographic names board.

That could be the reason but I don't think so. The units are pretty much in the centre of Albion.

The agent doesn't have a choice in what suburb that re.com puts the property - this is a common occurrence where the property lies close to the suburb boundary and nominated by the geographic names board.

Lets hope they get it correct on the lease agreement.

Is there a cost to them to adjust the advert?
Don't know. If it is a mistake, they should cover any adjustment fees.

Ask them if the correct suburb is put into the suburb field when they uploaded the listing. The correct suburb seems to be shown on the map.

I would be surprised if that has an impact on the rentability.

I would however suggest better photos :)

Ask them if the correct suburb is put into the suburb field when they uploaded the listing. The correct suburb seems to be shown on the map.

I would be surprised if that has an impact on the rentability.

I would however suggest better photos :)

Agreed, the photos need some work, the underlay showing in bedroom and messy fridge recess etc don't look good.

Thank you Xenia and Sanj for your comments.

I will not fuss too much about the wrong suburb and will see if better photos can be used.

OMG there's over 200 two bed units with this postcode.

I'd say it's slow to rent due to supply and demand.

Good luck with it.

Yep! Saw that too!
We had this problem once for some units we were renting.
We offered one week free rent and a 6 month gym membership!
Put in the headline.

Better photos and better copy work too

Got a couple of new units in the suburb Albion that my PM has been looking for tenants for the last month. Looking actively for the last 2-3 weeks.

Just confirmed today that the PM listed the units on RE.com.au in the neighbouring suburb of Sunshine not Albion. Correct address and details but wrong suburb listing.

Here is one of the listings http://www.realestate.com.au/property-unit-vic-sunshine-414575719

Would this mistake make a big difference to finding tenants do you think? :confused:

Came accross this mistake last week and brought it to the PM's attention twice and both times they checked and said no, no mistake.

Coincidence...i'm pretty sure I did RPdata address request earlier this week, and the system kept telling me a stated address was in Sunshine instead of Albion. Perhaps it just may be a system thing?

Back