PM That will cover Caboolture and Redcliffe

Hi all,

Looking to consolidate and reduce my % management costs. I will soon have 2 IPs in Caboolture and 1 in Redcliffe. I've approached my current Redcliffe PM but they aren't interested.

Does anyone know of a PM who may? Looking to get costs < 6%

Or if anyone has multiple IPs in these areas, perhaps we can approach a PM with our combined properties and negotiate a discount? Just a random thought.. Not sure if its possible or not.

Cheers

Grimey

EDIT - Just found these guys - http://www.thatsproperty.com.au/ Seem to cover both. Anyone got an opinion on them? Any idea what rates they offer?

Hello Grimey

Don't know many PMs that do both areas. But I like your idea of the combined properties approach to get a better deal with PM's. Depends on how desperate they would be for our business, I s'pose..... Do you know if anyone has done this before and if it got the results they wanted? Might be a topic for another thread.

BTW - How is your duplex going?

Aaron

Last edited:
Hi mate,

Not sure if its possible - but I imagine if you made a call saying "we are a group of friends and have a 10 properties between us ranging from Caboolture to Redcliffe but want x% mangement fees" they may be interested? Can't hurt to ask...

My duplex is going well - only slab and frames at the moment but just starting to look around for options for PM. Attached a couple of pics!

I know you have 3, I will have 3, so if we can get someone else with 3 or 4 then we should be able negotiate something? My Redcliffe place is currently 8.25%

What are you paying?

Attachments

• 01042008614 (Small).jpg
    01042008614 (Small).jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 01042008613 (Small).jpg
    01042008613 (Small).jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 65
I have five properties in the Redcliffe area.
Two with one agency which are located in Redcliffe (The Professionals), and three with another agency (Homebuyers Hotline) which aren't in the Redcliffe area, but do service the area as well as Caboolture and most northern suburbs.
I am extremely happy with the service of both companies, and get a discount from both for having multiple properties with them.
If I had to pick one over the other, it would have to be The Professionals. Not because their service is better, but because they are located in the area where my properties are and they tend to get more hits when the properties come up for re-tenanting.
For someone with multiple properties in different locations wanting one agency to manage all properties, this may not be so important.

Cheers,
Nick

We use rental man

We use the Rental Man at Caboolture and have done for a number of years. We get 7.5% for 5 detached houses that acheive fairly good rent. We once looked at combining with family members to get a better rate, (had about 10 at the time) The best we could find was about 7%, however decided we did not want to risk the change as we were very happy with the Rental Man's service. We still are and I would suggest you have a chat to them. I think they service Redcliffe too.
Anyway take it or leave it. Nat

I have 21 properties on the Northside of Brissie including Redcliffe and the Peninsular.

Negotiated 7% with Mayfair rentals who look after the whole of that area.

Speak to Tania on 0403 464 048 or office 3262 4533 and tell her i sent you.

I interviewed around a dozen managing agents before choosing Tania as she was so informative on the market and legislation changes.

I even persuaded her to join the forum and she has posted some interesting topics.

I have five properties in the Redcliffe area.
Two with one agency which are located in Redcliffe (The Professionals), and three with another agency (Homebuyers Hotline) which aren't in the Redcliffe area, but do service the area as well as Caboolture and most northern suburbs.
I am extremely happy with the service of both companies, and get a discount from both for having multiple properties with them.
If I had to pick one over the other, it would have to be The Professionals. Not because their service is better, but because they are located in the area where my properties are and they tend to get more hits when the properties come up for re-tenanting.
For someone with multiple properties in different locations wanting one agency to manage all properties, this may not be so important.

Cheers,
Nick

Forgot to mention Home Buyers Hotline = 7.7% plus P&P
Professionals = 6.6% plus P&P

Cheers, Nick

Back