PMs near Harris Park / Parramatta

Hi, I am looking at changing my Property Manager and have been investigating a few around the Parramatta area. Can anyone please tell me if they are extremely happy with anyone in particular and why?

I have been seriously considering a small start up firm in Harris Park called Prime Real Estate. Has anyone heard of them - are with them - or have any insight to offer? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to publicise it. :D

Jus

Richardson and Wrench - Merrylands got a few good wraps when I was looking / inquiring, although I ended up selling before changing my managing agent in Parramatta.

Hi, I am looking at changing my Property Manager and have been investigating a few around the Parramatta area. Can anyone please tell me if they are extremely happy with anyone in particular and why?

I have been seriously considering a small start up firm in Harris Park called Prime Real Estate. Has anyone heard of them - are with them - or have any insight to offer? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to publicise it. :D

Jus

Hey jclegg,
I can't give any specific recommendations, but since I grew up around the Parramatta area, I've always been interested in that area, although my investments tend to be in other areas across NSW.

Out of curiosity (and for the sake of sharing your own personal experience), which property manager were you using in Parramatta/Harris Park, and why are you deciding to change??

It may help others in the forum to find out your experience, but I'd also like to know just in case I invest in the area in the future.

I found Chansis First National Parramatta to be good. Small-ish Family-owned business.
Property manager (she's not part of the family I think, but she has been there more than 10 years) has offered great advice in regards to tenants and improvements to the property. They have recommended me some good tradies as well.
She took MY needs and wants into consideration as well, not just pushing her own views onto me. For example, Harris Park/Parra is an Indian area. Some agents prefer not to rent to Indians, and will push non-indian tenants onto owners even at less rent. I think at the end of the day it's the owner's choice who they want or not.
(I didn't say this was fair/ethical. But It is how it is.)
When I was looking for a PM, I chose one who made an effort for me and made an effort to be nice to me. I chose agents who worked around my timetable when coming to view the property, and followed up without seeming too pushy. One well-known-chain agent I rang were very disinterested. They had the attitude I should be chasing them, not the other way round. Which made me think, is this how you're gonna treat my prospective tenants?
You're welcome to post and questions here. I will reply to queries at the latest on the weekend.
best of luck

R&W Merrylands

Richardson and Wrench - Merrylands got a few good wraps when I was looking / inquiring, although I ended up selling before changing my managing agent in Parramatta.

I use them and have only had positive experiences. Ring them and ask to speak to Bobbie or Maureen.

I stumbled upon this forum while researching for a good real estate agent. What I am looking for is common with what some people on this page have mentioned. I am also looking for a real estate agent in Parramatta area. Richardson & Wrench in Merrylands is one recommendation it seems. Any other suggestions from anyone ?

I signed up a with an agent a few weeks ago. They started showing the property 3 weeks ago. So far they have not been able to find a tenant. I am loosing confidence in them and I am disillusioned with their attitude. They are slack in giving feedback regarding open homes. If I highlight this, the manager says that I can go elsewhere if I am not happy. I found this attitude shocking. If it were not for the exclusive agreement (REINSW standard form), I would change straight away. I have to give them notice. I feel stuck with them. If anybody has any suggestions on how to deal with this situation, please let me know.

If it were not for the exclusive agreement (REINSW standard form), I would change straight away. I have to give them notice. I feel stuck with them. If anybody has any suggestions on how to deal with this situation, please let me know.

If it was not for you signing the standard form without ammendments....

Bad experience with R&W Merrylands

Unfortunately I had a very bad experience with R&W Merrylands.

All was ok during the 2 or so years that they managed the place for us. Heard after one inspection that it was very dirty, but warning was sent, etc. and didn't really heard much after that, so thought all were ok. No repairs were ever requested during the tenancy.

The original tenancy term was 6 or 9m, but tenant requested extension and Maureen recommended them to extend, no issue was ever mentioned. The big surprise came when we wanted to take the place back for bit of reno, to get a better rental. I was there with my tradie and the place was literally a mess! Junks and dirty everywhere, damages to kitchen and walls, the bathroom vanity had literally been smashed. It's a completely different house from the one we bought!

Tenant left following that and leaving the place in such a dirty stage, with broken furnitures, food strewn on the floor and even a dead mouse in a bucket. It was a nightmare. It took 2 full trucks to take away all the junks.

Luckily we're insured and managed to get some money back. But the process of insurance claim was quite painful as R&W was not very helpful. They said that house was very dirty since beginning (which they never told us except for one occasion) and some things were broken during the tenancy (which we're never been told either - and no repair were ever requested). They also very reluctant to provide copy of periodic inspection reports. The initial inspection with multiple issues was given at last, which baffled me as I only saw it the first time then, and it's so different from the spic and span condition the place was in when I bought it (I even had the pics). It was by far the worst experience we have with a PM and we deal with several of them across NSW.

I'm still not sure with what the full story was even now, but I suspect that they probably didn't do many inspections during the 2 years too, then got panic when things went south. I noticed that Maureen seemed to have moved to a Sales role too, so maybe that had something to do with the issue?

Starr Partners Parramatta manages the property now, and they've been wonderful and proactive with fixes and inspections.

We can happily recommend Starr Partners Parra and have done for some time now. Mel Simone, in our experience, is very professional, pro-active and on the ball when it comes to local properties, tenants and vacancy rates. It is important, however, to still interview a few PM's in the area, as they can move around from agency to agency.

Back