Poll: I have x Properties now

How many properties do you have right now ?

• <1

Votes: 3 2.5%

Votes: 10 8.4%

Votes: 23 19.3%

Votes: 13 10.9%

Votes: 15 12.6%

Votes: 11 9.2%

Votes: 6 5.0%

Votes: 4 3.4%

Votes: 5 4.2%

Votes: 3 2.5%

Votes: 5 4.2%

Votes: 4 3.4%

Votes: 2 1.7%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 2 1.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 19 >

Votes: 9 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would have been good to have a:

20+
30+
40+

I do believe some on these forums have 40+

But then again, how do you count it.

Block of units count as 1 or say 8. What about house and granny flat. Or duplex site on strata title.

Besides 10x $100k properties is not comparable to 1x $2M.

Reached 5 x IP's plus PPOR at one point.

Now; 1 x PPoR, 1 x IP

I also bought a business using mostly PPoR equity, so as a loan to fund an income investment, I guess you could call this an IP too.

Despite it's current state of shoithouseness, it (the busness) still returns 14% on my initial investment into my pocket (wage). It still made a small profit last year as well, but I saw no dividend. This would increase the return a bit more.

The IP returns 15.5% yield on initial investment.

Last edited:
Interesting no big numbers yet!!
Depends who you talk to.

The majority of people wandering around Australia don't even know what a Depreciation Schedule is, let alone own an IP at all.

Most have never heard of Jan Somers, or this site.

We are big players even having more than one IP.

But, here in the fishbowl; different world.

I remember learning about PI; reading all the Jan Somers books and others, and at the start the thought of even buying one was daunting....all that debt, etc.

At the point of owning 5; the debt was over $1mill....you get used to it.

I told my brother about it during a deep and meaningful one time and he almost fell over with shock...he was a renter at that point.

Currently 19 doesn't belong anywhere :rolleyes:

Should read '19 <' or '> 19'.
pinkboy

No it does not... means 19 or more..

Pinkboy is right.
'19=<' is what '19 or more'. You can view this as 19=< X . Now you can replace the X with your number.

Regardless of that... just the number doesn't mean anything. However, value of the property has more meaning.

Last edited:
Currently 19 doesn't belong anywhere :rolleyes:

Regardless of that... just the number doesn't mean anything. That value of the property has more meaning.

Exactly. The majority of mine are cheapies so I hardly rate in terms of being a significant investor on here.

Sounds silly but I actually hadn't counted this for awhile - you'd think I'd know how many I own but it seems not.

I tend to count in projects :)

I selected 13 but 4 of those are in the process of becoming 3 (Highgate), 4 (Highgate), 6 (North Perth) and 4 (Mindarie). Basically a double in the next 18mths but some will be sold.

Would have been good to have a:

20+
30+
40+

I do believe some on these forums have 40+

But then again, how do you count it.

Block of units count as 1 or say 8. What about house and granny flat. Or duplex site on strata title.

Besides 10x $100k properties is not comparable to 1x $2M.

Block of units I would say should be 8, as investors in the main don't buy blocks and each unit is counted as 1 so this would be fair.

Not sure, if you have 2 incomes on 1 title, I probably count as 1 only because you can not sell them separately??? However if strata or duplex should be counted separately I think, but hey do as you please, its complicated......:)

Sounds silly but I actually hadn't counted this for awhile - you'd think I'd know how many I own but it seems not.

I tend to count in projects :)

I selected 13 but 4 of those are in the process of becoming 3 (Highgate), 4 (Highgate), 6 (North Perth) and 4 (Mindarie). Basically a double in the next 18mths but some will be sold.

Wow!!! Very impressive. Hats off to you sir.

Back