Poll: I have x Properties now

How many properties do you have right now ?

• <1

Votes: 3 2.5%

Votes: 10 8.4%

Votes: 23 19.3%

Votes: 13 10.9%

Votes: 15 12.6%

Votes: 11 9.2%

Votes: 6 5.0%

Votes: 4 3.4%

Votes: 5 4.2%

Votes: 3 2.5%

Votes: 5 4.2%

Votes: 4 3.4%

Votes: 2 1.7%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 2 1.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 19 >

Votes: 9 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We used to give one to each of our tenants for free.
Now we charge them a small fee, if they want one.
Same as the washers and dryers.One property is free, and in another, it has coin laundry.

KD
That is smart, I think in the main you probably have good reliable tenants.

Regardless of that... just the number doesn't mean anything. However, value of the property has more meaning.

Exactly, didn't we read somewhere here in the forum, where a lady at a presentation owned 1 property worth $15million????
So what does a number say, not much, perhaps a better question would be, what $ asset base do investors hold today (it is still interesting and not that revealing as we do not know LVRs, right?).... :)

Exactly, didn't we read somewhere here in the forum, where a lady at a presentation owned 1 property worth $15million????
So what does a number say, not much, perhaps a better question would be, what $ asset base do investors hold today (it is still interesting and not that revealing as we do not know LVRs, right?).... :)

Yes, I have mentioned this many posts ago on this thread.

Reality is number of properties has nothing to do with what really matters.... debt vs assets

Funny though....nothing changes .... investors still are in awe of the number of properties that the bank own just check out API magazine, increase the debt. :eek:

Last edited:
Agree, number alone doesn't mean much. Except to stroke the ego.

The question asked was how many properties do you have?
It has nothing to do about ego.

Don't get so uptight about the answers :)

I'd rather have 10 properties providing me $500 profit a month, than 1 property providing me $5k a month profit.
It would be rare to have all 10 vacant at the same time.
So yes, it can be a numbers game...but again, that was the question.

The question asked was how many properties do you have?

It was a very basic simply question. Funny how some people are getting all defensive and start explaining the chicken coop could really have someone living in it... so I will then count that as 2 on it's own.

That's true Blixem.
In the main seems most have around 2, 3, 4 properties - highest %.

I guess its also where you are in your investing journey, if you have just started out or been in the games for years that will also make a huge difference.

If you have loans to service you are only getting a part of that rental income.
Sorry, but I would rather receive it all.

Wouldn't that take too long and be an incredible strain on capital?

For 500k I could have have 10 places and earn 100/wk on each = 1000/wk income
For 500k you could pay for 1 place and earn 500/wk = 500/wk income

Wouldn't that take to long and be an incredible strain on capital?

For 500k I could have have 10 places and earn 100/wk on each = 1000/wk income
For 500k you could pay for 1 place and earn 500/wk = 500/wk income

You are now referring to holding costs, which in my scenario have already been resolved and is not of any concerns.

In an ideal world, wouldn't you rather receive 100% of your rentals compared to 5% net return, if even that for your CF properties
That is the point me and harro is referring to

You are suggesting holding costs and acquisitions costs taken into your scenario

Yup, I agree with you.

But perhaps its that self satisfaction of knowing xxx amount of IP's makes one happy?
Though they may only own 2% as a whole, with <5% net return as a whole

True.

A real achievement would be to see the volume of IP's one has in conjuction with the wage you earn...

Sorta like; the size of the fish you caught; but what pound line did you use?

Not much of an achievement to have 6 IP's if you are earning $150k per year, single and no kids.

I would rather own 100% of 10 ips, compared to 0% of 20ips
Yeah, but it's way more impressive to the Joneses to be able to say...20 :D

But seriously; everyone here on SS who has more than 2 IP's is in the top 5% (or is it 1%?) of PI investors...owned or still in debt.

Yeah, but it's way more impressive to the Joneses to be able to say...20 :D

But seriously; everyone here on SS who has more than 2 IP's is in the top 5% (or is it 1%?) of PI investors...owned or still in debt.

Just another form of creative accounting. The term "Ownership" is used very liberally.

Back