Poll: What's your annual household income from your day job only?

What's your annual household income from your job only?

• $0 - $50k

Votes: 18 8.6%
  • $51 - $70k

Votes: 32 15.2%
  • $71 - $90k

Votes: 21 10.0%
  • $91 - $110k

Votes: 23 11.0%
  • $111 - $130k

Votes: 20 9.5%
  • $131 - $150k

Votes: 23 11.0%
  • $151 - $170k

Votes: 15 7.1%
  • $171k - $190k

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • $191 - $210k

Votes: 14 6.7%
  • $211 - $230k

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • $231 - $250k

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • $251 - $270k

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • $271 - $290k

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • $291 - $310k

• $311 - $330k

• $331 - $350k

• $351 - $370k

• $371 - $390k

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $391 - $410k

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • $410k+

Votes: 6 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think the key term from the OP is 'day job'. My investments haven't quite snow-balled yet. I'm looking forward to my 'day job' income being $0 permanently.
Mate,

I'm also the MD of my own development company too and if things go to plan I'll make well over $500K out of that "day job" this year too. But I figure that's all part of the property game so only included my "salaried" income working as a senior exec in the steel industry. I suppose there's a lot of ways you could cut the definition.

Cheers,
Michael

Im only counting my salary not my small internet biz!

This poll is about salaried PAYG employment

I didn't see anything about PAYG. In that case, never have, never will. Ever since entering the workforce, I went out and got my own ABN and worked as a contractor, even when in an office environment with all the 'employees'.

I didn't count any of my businesses (Rauction, etc) or anything property-related either Michael as I think they are all investments.

Once again, OP said 'day job'. But here's a tip, next time your new boss asks you how much you think you should get paid or what your rate is, think about answering in % instead of $.

Yep - I think bludger was after PAYG figures but used 'day job' as the term.

My guess is that not many have combined 400k. Again chance out there for anyone to own up to that one...anyone...

My guess is that 400k combined would put the family in the top 0.5 percent of households. So maybe half or one percent if lucky. That would mean this forum is made up of people way outside the norm...at close to 6 percent.

That would mean this forum is made up of people way outside the norm...at close to 6 percent.

Ever since coming across this forum I thought it was made up of people way outside the norm simply by being a property forum which tends to be focused on negative gearing which is even more beneficial to those who earn large sums of money.

I only put mine in at $51 - $70. My partners is $42. Geez, I thought all of you SS were rich and I was just the poor cousin.

Good Poll

I earn around 380 to 450K as a simple salaried employee. The range depends on mine and company's performance. At that level much of the remuneration is variable - performance bonus, retention bonus, stocks etc, but all coming from a day J.O.B. It can be done and many are doing it...

I earn around 380 to 450K as a simple salaried employee. The range depends on mine and company's performance. At that level much of the remuneration is variable - performance bonus, retention bonus, stocks etc, but all coming from a day J.O.B. It can be done and many are doing it...

But aren't you an ex-pat? And don't ex-pat's typically earn more than those here in Aus?

Sorry if that sounds a little niave, but seeing as I've never worked overseas, this is what I have always been led to believe.

Yes am surprised that so many of the respondents are in the same category as my household (my partner and I). I always thought we had ridiculously low salaries but we were in SA. My partner is semi-retired but he's older than I am and could earn a lot more but who wants to be facing a class of teenagers these days if you don't have to?

Thank goodness we started investing in property 10 years ago. I'm so glad I went and listened to a short talk by Jan Somers and then joined this forum!

I'd like to be earning even $50k P.A. Because i'd be cruising if that were my current wage and i was in the same circumstances.

As stands for an 18 year old fresh out of school i'm not doing *that* bad, and i'm earning considerably more than all my old friends back in Sydney.

In the next 2-3 years i'd like to bump that up to at least $75K, i know some would see this as far fetched considering my age but i don't think so. :)

I am surprised at the amount that earn over $300-$400K, good on ya, hopefully you'll be well on your way to retirement too!

In the next 2-3 years i'd like to bump that up to at least $75K, i know some would see this as far fetched considering my age but i don't think so. :)

Not at all far-fetched. I am on a graduate salary which is the same as all the other grads I work with, some of whom are only 21.

Oscar i gotta agree with Skater.

As an expat i too could earn 380-450 per year but 100k goes in rent 40k in priavte school fees etc etc.

We dont want you to blow your cover but if lots of people are doing it how about telling us the industry you are in?

btw when you say many - the figures dont lie...many may be in your peer group but the real figures dont show that. As i said to earn 180k plus (highest tax bracket) the aussie govt deliberately aimed at the top 1 percent.

Apparently the suburb with the highet PAYG salry level in Australia is toorak and the level is 75k per annum...

The fact that no one has actually owned up to the job or industry is telling.

Im guessin there may be 1 or 2 families on those numbers..PAYG

But aren't you an ex-pat? And don't ex-pat's typically earn more than those here in Aus?

Skater, yes, I work overseas for the time being. I guess expats earn more by virtue of the fact that fully ex-pated roles are typically created to fill a specific market gap in the business, and/or for development of hi potential employees..

As an expat i too could earn 380-450 per year but 100k goes in rent 40k in priavte school fees etc etc.

Hi AR - I did not include the housing support I receive, essentially I pay no rent, and the accommodation is not too shabby either. As for schooling, if I had kids, the package covers full cost of private schooling. It's a very good deal. Many from my peer group have similar entitlements and my flippant use of the words "many are doing it", does indeed refer to much of the gang I hang out with day to day..

I've said it before high incomes have nothing to do with real wealth. In the context of wealth generation, only what you do with what's left over after all the spending is important. This has been a painful lesson for me after seeing the successes people can have on this forum on one tenth of my income.

LiL Skater, can be done!

When i left school i just focus on the income being higher (worked on double to start off with) then a normal wage, then use this income to accumulate assets.

Working is far better then a degree IMO for fast tracking your investments.

Back