Pool pump

The pump basket should generally be empty, so in your case what that means leaves are getting past the Skimmer basket and into the pump. What normally happens with Skimmer boxes without locking mechanisms is when the pump turns off, the Skimmer's basket floats and so do the leaves inside the Skimmer box and then settle under the floating basket, and when your pump turns on again those leaves get sacked straight through to the pump. I'm guessing your Skimmer box has no locking mechanism to hold down the Skimmer basket. Simple fix, put a rock or something heavy inside the basket to keep it down, or you can get some large sinkers and tie them onto the basket.

Regarding your pump and the flow, there are some bolts that hold the pumps front wet end onto the motor dry end, you simply undo those and clean out the impeller. It's the connection just behind where the pipe comes out vertically. If you feel uncomfortable doing it, pm me and I can swing past and do it for a small fee, as long as you're not too far. I don't think you need a rebuild though, probably the pool cleaner trying to make a quick buck, and I sadly ruined it for the poor guy. What normally blocks the impeller is gum nuts or small round droppings from the trees. If there are a lot of trees, you probably need a standalone cleaner like jet vac or polaris.

$66 for a clean is a good price, but I don't think that'd include chemicals.

Back