Pool testing kit

Hi all, does anyone have their own salt water pool testing kit ?

I would like to learn if anyone has had any success with a professional kit. My objective is to stop the pool shop visits each week during summer and carry out my own testing.:cool:

Ideally I do not wish to use throw away strips. Anyone have any luck here ?

Hiya

Exxy kit ia around 35 bucks and will do Free Cholrine, PH, Alkalinity, but wont do % salt etc

Refills for the reagents from your poolshop would be around 6 bucks.

Kit will usually last a season, DPD tabs for chlorine test are less than a buck a week

ta
rolf

get either Taylor K-2006 or TF100 testkit

maintaining pool yourself is very simple

here is everything you need to know about it: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/

salt is best tested with strips as they are more accurate

btw, i'd be also interested to know how many people do their own maintenance, as i'm currently thinking about importing some quality test kits

Once a week?

Visiting the pool shop once a week? The must love you down there.

I have a saltwater pool in Brisbane and it almost takes care of itself. I visit the pool shop around 4 times a year with my water sample, and during summer just put a bit of acid in every week and it's sparkling clear. A good pool shop should be able to advise you at the beginning of each season about a good chemical and filtration regime for your pool to see out the season, depending on expected usage etc.

I had planned to buy a testing kit but found that it has never been necessary.

Regards, Col

My objective is to stop the pool shop visits each week during summer and carry out my own testing.:cool:

?

I actually like going to my local pool shop, and have built up a relationship
that has helped me out over the last couple of years. They test the water
free of charge, and because they know me, if for example I lost a small piece off of the cleaner or something, they often just give me one off an old model.

Neil

Back