Population Data

Hi all
Does anyone know of a site I could visit which has population data for various country towns in Victoria? I tried the ABS site, but it was based on statistical divisions or something, I just wanted to know that for example Ballarat has x,000 people etc.
Keep smiling
Felicity :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Hi Felicity,

Go to the RACV shop and get a copy of their Accommadation guide 2001 - 2002, it lists all towns Australia wide and gives population numbers, postcodes distance and direction from CBD.

Also look at the Vic Roads country melways type map book very good for getting around country locations.

Cheers
Watto
Melb Freestyler

Reply: 2

Doh!
I get so used to finding things on the internet, I forget the things right in front of my face!!!
Of course, the accommodation guide, I've got one of those!
Keep smiling
Felicity :cool:

Reply: 2.1

Hi Felicity,

If the RACV and Vic Roads books don't give you what you want, then go to your local library. They should have all of the ABS publications which should give you all of the figures. The Web site only has limited material. btw Ballarat is approx 82700

Mr Jolly

Reply: 2.1.1

Interesting the RACV accoms guide lists Ballarat population @ 64850 113km West of Melb....

Cheers
Watto
Melb Freestyler

Reply: 2.1.1.1

Watto,

The 82700 figure comes from the 2001 populations 'estimates' publication from the ABS. It is for the city of Ballarat Local Gov't area. I just happened to have it at work when I read the original question. The 2001 Census data should be out later this year too.

Mr Jolly

Back