You only have properties listed, yet there are thousands of properties that fit the criterion. Do you get any kickback from these?

No. Not at all. They are just examples. Some of them are under contract already. Also the properties are all randomly listed from different areas throughout Australia.

Just keep it in the back of your mind Andrew,some of the people that have posted in your post did not come down in the last rain storm,and control a vast amount of property and clearly understand a complex system,with several levels of interdependence,maybe that's why so many different questions,but nothing is ever free in life unless you develop Alzheimers..

That is quite true.

However it doesn't always have to carry a financial cost.

I do agree with this.

Not everyone is in it for the financial gain. Sometimes people act for different reasons. It is sad we can be quite cynical at times. That is the subject of another discussion though.

Hey Andrew, Kudos for putting in the time and effort to create the site.

Working in IT though I understand the costs associated with web development and whilst this sight is simple it would have still come at a financial cost (unless you yourself are a website developer). Then there is ongoing hosting, maintenance.etc to keep it running.

That being said it is registered as a .net which means there is no requirement for an ABN such as when .com.au is registered so perhaps you are just seeing how it goes for now :).

I think the site looks great, very simple and easy to navigate. Looking forward to seeing its development and as your traffic and subscription grows seeing if it does remain "free". And by that i also mean "Free" from advertising ;)

Just keep it in the back of your mind Andrew,some of the people that have posted in your post did not come down in the last rain storm,and control a vast amount of property and clearly understand a complex system,with several levels of interdependence,maybe that's why so many different questions,but nothing is ever free in life unless you develop Alzheimers..

And yet apparently "the best things in life are free" ;)

Andrew, you claim that you have no direct or indirect benefit from sharing these cashflow positive properties, yet your website has no contact number, address your own email address or any means of communication aside from capturing a prospects email address in the first instance.

Why is that? :confused:

Like willair, I am becoming a little more skeptical as I accumulate birthdays.

The only free cheese is in the mousetrap..........

Attachments

• Free_Cheese.jpg
    Free_Cheese.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 74
Andrew, these aren't necessarily positive cash flow properties, they are all just high gross yield properties.

How accurate is the quoted rent?

Note, if the property is vacant the gross yield is zero, and the net yield becomes negative.

And there is no indication of estimated property expenses and net yields?

High gross yields may be a potential "yield trap".

How accurate is the quoted cost of the property?

I think someone already asked the question, what is a positive cash flow property?

How do you define it?

Is it inclusive of borrowing costs to purchase the property as well as stamp duty costs?

Last edited:
I thought you will be sharing the .exe file for SS for beta testing, so they can search their own CF+ properties, rather under scrutiny that these 10 properties in your website belong to your Parents :p

BUT a good effort on your end if you can develop tool that can return search on +CF properties.

Good on you for doing the site.

Not sure why people are so concerned if you're making a profit out of it. If you do something you enjoy, have a vision, the money will follow. I'm always happy to do pro-bono for fun.

Thank you for the feedback. I will try to answer all questions as I get to them.

Working in IT though I understand the costs associated with web development and whilst this sight is simple it would have still come at a financial cost (unless you yourself are a website developer). Then there is ongoing hosting, maintenance.etc to keep it running.

That being said it is registered as a .net which means there is no requirement for an ABN such as when .com.au is registered so perhaps you are just seeing how it goes for now .

I am actually a developer myself. I wouldn't have been able to do it if I wasn't.

Actually you need an ABN for .net.au. It has the same requirements as .com.au. The reason I used .net.au is because all .com.au with positivecashflowproperty and different combinations were taken.

I think the site looks great, very simple and easy to navigate. Looking forward to seeing its development and as your traffic and subscription grows seeing if it does remain "free". And by that i also mean "Free" from advertising

I will try it to keep it free from ads as long as possible but if it will cost me too much to host it and maintain it then I will have to include some even though I hate them myself. But I don't think it will be a problem any time soon :)

whats a positive cash flow property?
Where the rent from the property covers all expenses (interest, fees, taxes, maintenance, etc) and some cash surplus is left over.

Andrew, you claim that you have no direct or indirect benefit from sharing these cashflow positive properties, yet your website has no contact number, address your own email address or any means of communication aside from capturing a prospects email address in the first instance.

I wouldn't want everyone on the internet to know where I live and my phone number. It is not a business, it's a free service and I'm not forcing anyone to use. You also don't have to subscribe to it. You can come and visit it every now and then to check if I put up new properties. If you subscribe to it, every time I post something new, you get an email and a link to the property. Just trying to make it easier for the user.

If you want to contact me you can fill out the form on the website and I'll write you back using my email or you can PM me on here and I can give you my email.

Andrew, these aren't necessarily positive cash flow properties, they are all just high gross yield properties.

How accurate is the quoted rent?

The rent quoted will be the rent that the properties are currently being rented out (read through the property description on the realestate.com.au listing, the address of the properties on my site links to the original listing on RE). If it is not being rented out it will be slightly lower than the median rent or similar to comparable properties that are being rented out in the same suburb.

Regarding the yield. It's the gross yield. Obviously you want a high yield to cover your interest cost and other expenses.

I thought you will be sharing the .exe file for SS for beta testing, so they can search their own CF+ properties, rather under scrutiny that these 10 properties in your website belong to your Parents
Haha no they don't belong to my parents. I will be adding many more. I am working on an online version of the application. The current prototype would be too hard to use for someone without technical knowledge.

Good on you for doing the site.

Not sure why people are so concerned if you're making a profit out of it. If you do something you enjoy, have a vision, the money will follow. I'm always happy to do pro-bono for fun.

Thank you for the positive feedback. I really appreciate that.

Andrew

Thanks for the thorough reply Super. Apologies I did not even realise you had registered it as a .net.au so I stand corrected.

I feel your pain though, I am currently in the process of developing my own website and trying to own a .com domain has proven to be an absolute mission unless you want to call your website www.asdhkashdkashdnkashdikashdka.com. Well come to think of it, some American idiot has probably already registered that as well :eek:

And as long as the ads are done subtle enough then I think they definitely have a place, not all of them are garbage. Just getting into property now I have found a heap of useful information from ads.

Anyway, good luck! I think the site is a great start, and atleast your out there giving it a crack. You have clearly put in time and effort and if the site pays off then you deserve the fruits of your labour. Hey if i found a cashflow positive property for myself on there I might even suscribe ;)

I'd be interested to see a full breakdown for 36/26 Palm Place from your website:
http://positivecashflowproperty.net.au/positive-cash-flow-properties/3626-palm-place-ross-nt-0870/

If I remember correctly I saw you linked this on another website, and later mentioned it had $900/quarter strata. The rent quote of $310/wk also is comparing two other vacant units in the same complex which are both fully furnished, whereas this I would assume is doesn't supply any chattel?

A quick shows the two other identical units have been sitting advertised for rent for a month so far.

This one was also quite nice:

http://positivecashflowproperty.net...properties/55-martin-street-wynyard-tas-7325/

Backs onto a train line, next to airport in a town of 4,000 in regional Tasmania. :)

I guess it goes to show that while CF+ can be great, you need to make sure the fundamentals of the property stack up.

Last edited:
Hi Corey

I'd be interested to see a full breakdown for 36/26 Palm Place from your website.

You can phone the agent and get more info on this property. I don't have the time to fully analyze each property. Please keep in mind that I am listing these properties here for free. You have to do some of the work yourself. If you want me to find positive cash flow properties for you and fully analyze them and do all the work for you then PM me and we can negotiate a fee.

Anyways I did contact the agent a few days ago about this property and he did say that the BC is $900 per quarter and that it includes water and electricity costs.

There are only 2 other 1 beds for rent in this suburb. Vacancy for this suburb (Ross, NT) is 1.8% and median rent for 1 bed is $300 per week, so I don't think you will have a problem renting them out.

The agent also told me that the owners had recently installed an air-con just before they put it for sale. So you could actually charge more than $310 per week since the other 2 units that are listed for rent don't have an air con.

I can't say for sure whether it is furnished but I think the agent said that it was. Anyway it's under contract now.

This one was also quite nice:

http://positivecashflowproperty.net....yard-tas-7325/

Backs onto a train line, next to airport in a town of 4,000 in regional Tasmania.

The property has a tenant and vacancy is 2.2% in this suburb. I think you're breaking one of the most important rules of property investing here Corey. "Just because you don't want to live in it, doesn't mean someone else isn't prepared to pay rent to live in it"

Andrew

Back