I think you're breaking one of the most important rules of property investing here Corey. "Just because you don't want to live in it, doesn't mean someone else isn't prepared to pay rent to live in it"

I don't think anyone here would suggest that I'm fussy with the types of investments that I buy. :p

More that I prefer my properties to have long term fundamentals so that they can at least track inflation, instead of eroding the capital base. Even better if you can take on CF+ with mid to high capital growth.

Backing onto train lines/airports and being located in a cat 3 location by LMI isn't going to help you grow any time soon with your investment portfolio, especially when the same and better yields can be achieved in metropolitan areas.

Please keep in mind that I am listing these properties here for free. You have to do some of the work yourself. If you want me to find positive cash flow properties for you and fully analyze them and do all the work for you then PM me and we can negotiate a fee.

Did not take you very long to bring that out in the open Andrew,there is a lot of recipes out there for becoming a overnight millionaire in ten steps,are you lic to sell real estate and give fin advice?..

Hi Andrew, seems like a great website. Its great to have a one stop website that I can go to, to find all my future investment grade properties!

Do you also offer a full buying service? If so I am highly interested as this is a strategy that I am interested in persuing!

I think you said it right when you said that you don't need to be willing to live in it yourself for it to be a good investment. Kudos!

Did not take you very long to bring that out in the open Andrew,there is a lot of recipes out there for becoming a overnight millionaire in ten steps,are you lic to sell real estate and give fin advice?..

I actually have a full agency license and a diploma in financial planning from Kaplan. Both are not very hard to get. However they do cost around $2000 - $3000 each to get. I am not currently using them to get any income though.

I also have a degree in Commerce (Finance), a Graduate Diploma in Applied Law (Contracts) and Master of Property Studies (Investment and Development) from the University of Queensland.

But I am not looking to sell any real estate or give financial advice.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Andrew

Any new forum member offering services (free or paid) will cop a healthy degree of scepticism before any acceptance. There are a number of accomplished investors here along with those involved in a variety of industries and pursuits, I hope you stick around and continue to contribute over the long term, expect a few curly and inquisitive questions though ;)

You can phone the agent and get more info on this property. I don't have the time to fully analyze each property.

It seems you do.

Anyways I did contact the agent a few days ago about this property and he did say that the BC is $900 per quarter and that it includes water and electricity costs.

There are only 2 other 1 beds for rent in this suburb. Vacancy for this suburb (Ross, NT) is 1.8% and median rent for 1 bed is $300 per week, so I don't think you will have a problem renting them out.

The agent also told me that the owners had recently installed an air-con just before they put it for sale. So you could actually charge more than $310 per week since the other 2 units that are listed for rent don't have an air con.

I can't say for sure whether it is furnished but I think the agent said that it was. Anyway it's under contract now.

The property has a tenant and vacancy is 2.2% in this suburb. I think you're breaking one of the most important rules of property investing here Corey. "Just because you don't want to live in it, doesn't mean someone else isn't prepared to pay rent to live in it"

If you want me to find positive cash flow properties for you and fully analyse them and do all the work for you then PM me and we can negotiate a fee.
Ah, so now we get down to the nitty gritty. It's not really a free service at all. You put up a free taster, but you then are more than happy to negotiate a fee to find something suitable for the purchaser.

It seems you do.

I researched that property for myself and shared my information with everyone. It's under contract now anyway.

Ah, so now we get down to the nitty gritty. It's not really a free service at all. You put up a free taster, but you then are more than happy to negotiate a fee to find something suitable for the purchaser.

Haha it's a joke. You can't expect me to spend hours researching each property. I have other commitments and have to make a living too. The website will always be free. If it start costing me too much to host and maintain, I will introduce one or two ad boxes. But I don't think it will be a problem any time soon.

Any new forum member offering services (free or paid) will cop a healthy degree of scepticism before any acceptance. There are a number of accomplished investors here along with those involved in a variety of industries and pursuits, I hope you stick around and continue to contribute over the long term, expect a few curly and inquisitive questions though

No problem at all I am happy to answer any questions as I get through them. Yes I will be sticking around. I am also on propertyinvesting.com forum using the same name.

If I go to the realestate.com.au listing for some of your listed properties, they don't advertise the weekly rent in the realestate.com.au listing.

We know properties when not tenanted, the RE Agent can only provide a 'potential' or estimate of the rental, which sometimes not accurate.

Therefore, how is your weekly rent derived? Did you call the agent to get this? Your estimates? Actual rents (then how would you obtain them if agent is not advertising)

Therefore, how is your weekly rent derived? Did you call the agent to get this? Your estimates? Actual rents (then how would you obtain them if agent is not advertising)

I answered this question here

If it is not being rented out it will be slightly lower than the median rent or similar to comparable properties that are being rented out in the same suburb.

So if the property is not being rented out, the rent will be similar to comparable properties listed for rent or similar to the current median or average rent for the property type and number of beds in the given area.

I am trying to only list properties that are being rented out already. I just listed a new one.

FWIW, it's not hard to find or list cashflow positive properties. There are tons of places that have a good yield. I just don't understand what you are trying to do, or what benifit it will have for anyone.

If you are already an established property investor and have a large portfolio of properties then I would think it wouldn't be hard for you to find them. If you read my first post, it tells you why I am doing it.

Maybe you can also share some properties on here with other members that don't find it that easy.

I posted this on another thread on this forum but I think it might have a better use on here.

Based on my research 27.3% of Australian suburbs are recording less than 4% yield. More than half of suburbs (57.5%) are yielding between 4 - 6% annually. 13.5% are yielding 8 - 14% and 1.3% are yielding above 14% per annum.

Top 1 and 2 suburbs are located in NSW and yielding between 33% and 30% per annum. On third place is a suburb in QLD at 28.03%.

Residential-Property-Yields-May-2014-e1401873138186.png

If you are already an established property investor and have a large portfolio of properties then I would think it wouldn't be hard for you to find them. If you read my first post, it tells you why I am doing it.

Maybe you can also share some properties on here with other members that don't find it that easy.

Um....one word. NO!

Sure, I could give plenty of examples, but I feel that doing that is irresponsible. People need to learn how to do it for themselves. You know, teach a person how to fish, rather than feed them a fish.

That's what's good about this forum. Newbies can come & learn, not just be fed what they want to hear. A lot of Newbies come here wanting a one stop shop & someone else to give them an idea of what, or where to invest in, however I would be mortified if I listed a property with positive cashflow & some newbie bought it "because Skater recommended it", then lost their shirt.

Um....one word. NO!

Sure, I could give plenty of examples, but I feel that doing that is irresponsible. People need to learn how to do it for themselves. You know, teach a person how to fish, rather than feed them a fish.

Maybe you can also show them a fish too.

Personally I like to learn from examples and not reading how to fish. Don't know anyone who learned how to fish, ride a bike, drive a car, etc from reading on a forum or books. Same applies to property investing.

Books and forums do help but there is so much you can learn from them.

Andrew

Thanks for sharing Andrew.. People can take or leave the advice it's up to them. I enjoy property and reading other peoples opinions on what's good and bad. Always learning ;)

Skater, i think SuperAndrew meant this as a tongue in cheek comment.

If you want me to find positive cash flow properties for you and fully analyze them and do all the work for you then PM me and we can negotiate a fee.

Haha it's a joke. You can't expect me to spend hours researching each property. I have other commitments and have to make a living too. The website will always be free. If it start costing me too much to host and maintain, I will introduce one or two ad boxes. But I don't think it will be a problem any time soon.

Its no different than when a friend is being cheeky and asking you do something and you reply with a "sure, pay me".

Even if they did pay says you would most likely be in shock and decline because the comment was meant as a joke.

Anyway, i think we're hammering Andrew too much about his motive. There doesn't appear to be one. Its unfortunate that society has turned us all into such a cynical bunch (and i'm no different, i have major trust issues :p).

In society of sharks, good people do exist. Give him the benefit of the doubt. :)

So if the property is not being rented out, the rent will be similar to comparable properties listed for rent or similar to the current median or average rent for the property type and number of beds in the given area.

I see. so your software algorithm works like this:
search for realestate.com.au,
- if found rented $$ RE advertising, use this value against the listed property price
- if no rented $$ found in RE advertising, use 95% of median rent for the suburb for the same number of rooms.

does this sound about right?

In my view, yes having newbie subscribe to your site and feed them properties may not benefit them as it is more spoon feeding them. I understand you only look for the properties, and up to them to do the next DD, but initial and how to search is a big and important part of DD.

But for me, I will find it immensely helpful if I have a tool that can search say for example
-- search for all QLD property returning above XX%
-- result in a xls or web page, which has direct link to RE.com.au, that I can perform my own DD

You must admit if there are total 20,000 active listings in a State, but after you put your search criteria, it narrow down to 1000. And if you do further filter to remove mining towns etc, it come down a relative small manageable listing, wouldn't that life be easier.

Yes I am looking to develop a tool like this, but No not for commercial use

I get constantly asked where I find positive cash flow properties, if they exist and how I find them. So I created a website where I list positive cash flow properties that are currently for sale.

There are plenty of books, courses and mentors that teach you how to find positive cash flow properties but none of them provide you with real examples of properties that are for sale.

I hope it can help starting investors to get started and also show you that they do exist.

Andrew

Im very sure this is a pos cash flow property.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/real-estate/tiny-london-studio-flat-listed-for-1300-a-month-causes-outrage-on-social-media/story-fncq3era-1226944107591

Why??

Has it gone through a multi-faceted algorithm??

Do you have a vested interest???

IT WAS A JOKE, MATE!!

Do i have a vested interest you ask?...yeah, like im the fool who paid 1300 per month for a shoebox thats smaller than my garage.:eek::D

Back