This is a quick summary of my experience with Property Analyser. Been using it for only 4 days so far, so maybe too early to tell. But pretty impressed so far.

It's is very similar to investar so I will compare them but focus more on property analyser since there probably are other threads on investar on this forum.

Both have a tool to find properties and one to analyse them in more detail.

Investars finder tool has a lot more filters than property analysers. Personally I prefer property analyser's since it's very easy to use and has all the filters I need. It's got 3 main filters plus the usual ones. How many days the property has been listed on the market, the price reduction if it has been reduced in price and the cash flow.

However one thing I don't like is that it analyses one suburb at a time. But I guess you can't have everything. I contacted them about this and they said that they will change it in the future...

For the tool that analyses each property in detail, property analyser wins hands down. You only have to enter the address and price and it does pretty much everything for you. Using investar you have to enter everything yourself and it seems like it takes forever. There were cases though where I had to enter the property type, bedrooms, bathrooms and car spaces on property analyser if the property I was searching for wasn't listed for sale. But it took less than 5s. You also have the option to change all the settings if you want to. Like set your income, change the estimated rent etc

Both provide a 10 year cash flow summary and other details. Here I also prefer property analyser. It's just more intuitive to use and looks better overall which makes all the information easier to absorb.

So far I'm quite impressed with it and their pricing is more affordable and works much better for me. Couldn't really justify investars high pricing when I can use property analyser and do the same if not better.

Just my experience with it so far. I'm surprised that I had not heard about it before.

Just tried Property Analyser and have to say not impressed don't think it comes close to Real Etaste Investar. The property seach is very poor not enough filters and only able to seach one suburb at a time is painful.

Just tried Property Analyser and have to say not impressed don't think it comes close to Real Etaste Investar. The property seach is very poor not enough filters and only able to seach one suburb at a time is painful.

Personally I don't use all those filters investar has. Some are just not necessary. Could sit there filtering all day and find nothing :confused:

Maybe I'm just not good with it... I think it's because property analyser is simple and straight to the point that's why I prefer it.

Personally I don't use all those filters investar has. Some are just not necessary. Could sit there filtering all day and find nothing :confused:

Maybe I'm just not good with it... I think it's because property analyser is simple and straight to the point that's why I prefer it.

Goodthing is you don't have to use all the filters with Real Estate Investar but they are there to finally tune your search if needed.
I think Property Analyses seach is to basic and analysing tool was way off the mark.

But If your happy using it that's all that matters.:) good luck!!

Last edited:
I don't really understand it's point since those properties are easy enough to find on realestate.com.au and the like

I don't really understand it's point since those properties are easy enough to find on realestate.com.au and the like

It tells you how long they have been on the market, if they were reduced in price and the cash flow while you are browsing through them. I wish realestate.com.au would do this :D

Pricefinder shows how long they've been on market and for what amounts and on what dates that's changed.

Cashflow is done in head when you know how much your target area rents for.

I just had a quick look at price finder. $175pm ... :(

How do you do the cash flow in your head? Do you stick to only certain suburbs you're familiar with?

I just had a quick look at price finder. $175pm ... :(

How do you do the cash flow in your head? Do you stick to only certain suburbs you're familiar with?

It's easy to work out cashflow for any property, and a lot more accurate than putting things into a gizmo like this.

I've got a spreadsheet I use. Put in all the known income & costs. Easy!

It's easy to work out cashflow for any property, and a lot more accurate than putting things into a gizmo like this.

I've got a spreadsheet I use. Put in all the known income & costs. Easy!

I don't think you've tried this skater. It does all of that automatically for you. Saves heaps of time. Maybe it's just me but I love using new technologies like this that save me time. But I understand if you got something that works for you, why change it?

@brisbane04 there is a thread on here that has a lot of spread sheets. It's very easy to find if you search for spread sheets on the forum search.

I don't think you've tried this skater.

To be honest, I don't really care! I usually do a back of the envelope calculation on the spot. I've only just put together a spread sheet as we've got a heap of stuff now, & working out what's to stay & what's to go.

I like having everything altogether, so I get an overview of the whole portfolio.

Back