I wonder what happened to OPs spruiking of cashflow positive properties, that were actually cashflow positive, but terrible investments as a whole.

his signature no longer includes his link, and hes been onine today

I wonder what happened to OPs spruiking of cashflow positive properties, that were actually cashflow positive, but terrible investments as a whole.

his signature no longer includes his link, and hes been onine today

Looks like he's a property analyser tool now.

I actually suscribed to get access.
And only allowed to do 10 researches... then you have to pay...
Not "that free" at the end.

To be fair, would you really want to do more than 10 searches when you notice they're all quality such as a property in a town with a population of 3000 people in regional Tasmania, backing onto a train line and under an airport flight path? :p

To be fair, would you really want to do more than 10 searches when you notice they're all quality such as a property in a town with a population of 300 people in regional Tasmania, backing onto a train line and under an airport flight path? :p

There. I've fixed that for you.

Has anyone actually tried it?

I started using property analyser when it was free. I thought it was pretty good back then. Since all the extras have been added to the site, i've had to get use to it. To help save the 10 free searches, i use to look on realestate.com.au, find a property, then put it into property analyser. Its helped me crunch some of the numbers a little easier.

I'll admit, i'm no expert when it comes to investing.. and i need some guidance. I've been learning from these forums, but also sites like property analayser too. It's all still a huge learning curve for me. So thank you to everyone who has contributed to my learning so far :)

Thanks kimba88. I just signed up . It seems to be still free to trial. You get 10 searches for the month.

I will test it and report back. So far it seems to look like Investar which I have used before.

I'm getting "This webpage is not available" when I click on any links there.
I didn't have any problems signing up for it 5 min ago.

2 Strategies that worked for me

One strategy to have a positively geared property in NSW is to buy a house with a Granny Flat or put one in for about 100K.

More or less this is how it works. Hope this helps. :)

Example:

Ordinary Property

Average Cost of property. $600,000.00
Rental Income per week $650.00
Rental Income per year $33,800.00
Return on investment 5.63%

Adding a Granny Flat

Average Cost to build a Granny Flat $100,000.00
Rental Income per week $450.00
Rental Income per year $23,400.00
Return on investment 23.4%
Current Mortgage Interest rate 5% Annual repayments on a Granny Flat $5,000.00
Net annual return on a Granny Flat $18,400.00
Net monthly return on a Granny Flat $1,533.00
Net weekly return on a Granny Flat $354.00

Your Property + Granny Flat

Average Cost of property + Granny Flat $700,000.00
Rental Income per week $1,100.00
Rental Income per year $57,200.00
Return on investment 8.2%

Another Strategy is to do a Property Syndicate and develop a small project, lets say 8 townhouses with 8 people. At the end of the project each person gets a 3 bedroom, 3 bath, 2 parking townhouse at wholesale price with a very low mortgage. Thus positive geared.

Last edited:
Back