positive Cashflow

bedroom Unit
Do you ever wish someone would have told you where the next boom will be? Well you are looking at it! Fortitude Valley. It is changing daily. Now is the time to buy in at great retuns. 1 bedroom apartments renovated renting at $180 per week...
Purchase price 135K

It is in the Powerhouse apartments comments please

Fredo

Hi fredo,

Do you ever wish someone would have told you where the next boom will be? Well you are looking at it! Fortitude Valley.

Sorry, are you thinking of buying one of these, or do you have one to sell?

On what are you basing your assertion about the boom ?

Jamie.

I personally think the time to buy in Fortitude Valley was over a year ago... before prices started moving. Remember, once you hear about a boom, often you're a little bit late.

Fredo,

Saw your reply. Do you know who is selling these apartments and can you advise me of body corp fees etc. I am looking for positively geared investment properties and they seem very few and far between at the moment. Particularly in Bisbane and the Golde Coast.

Cheers
BUNDY:)

Tassie, Adelaide or Spotswood anyone? We should play a game of name the hot spot? I agree Jamie Fortitude Valley and Frankston may be too late...
;)

Hi Bundy
I saw this add on the real estate.com.au go to QLD and search the newfarm and surrounding areas

Regards Fredo

Hi Fredo

I agree that there was a BOOM in the Newstead, New Farm and the Valley areas, but unfortunately the boom was sort of a false one.

The amount of high priced units which have gone up in these areas over the last few years has ben amazing. It is the New Unit prices which have gone up and up and to my mind created a boom.

Unfortunately, the second hand unit market is rather poor for growth, admittedly I haven't looked at the unit market in that area since I sold out of the area mid last year. But the new unit/old unit "stigma" was a problem for me when I was selling, even though my unit was only 2 years old. I did however sell out at 15% about my purchase price.

Houses in these areas are quite different. There close to the CBD, the river, transport and cafe scenes and are doing rather well for cap gains.

Cheers
Robert

i understand that there is a lot of residential coming up in from of the river at fortitude valley - been told that its a multiplex development and that average price is $500k - sounds like a lot of money to me.

having said that i know that there are a lot of commercial and retail developments also coming up in the are and that there are big plans for the entire gentrification of the whole area over the next 2 years.

as is always the case with real estate, those that bought 2-5 years ago will experience huge gains whereas those looking at the area now are likely to pay too much

julie

Back