Positive Real Estate - Mentoring Program

Hi

I am considering signing up for a lifetime mentoring program with Positive Real Estate. Has anyone been involved with this company? What have your experiences been and did you get value for money?

If anyone has signed up with another mentoring program I would be interested to hear your comments as well.

Cheers w

OMG! <rolls eyes>
If you're looking for someone to tell you to fork out big $$$ on a mentoring program that encourages you to buy properties they happen to have available for sale, then you've come to the wrong site.
If you're looking for encouragement from postive and supportive people who believe that you learn mre by doing, reading and sharing the experiences of other investors, then welcome. You've come to the right place.

In all seriousness, winston - don't throw $$$ at a mentor if you want a quick fix/quick answers. It WILL cost you dearly in time, frustration and money.

If you're an accomplished investor, looking to get to the next level, then the right mentor is absolute gold.

Hi Rob

Geez tough crowd!!! I contacted Australian Property Investor magazine and they suggested I come to this forum to ask my question. Apparently they receive lots of calls with the same question re mentoring programs.....

I agree it is a lot of money and I am not about to hand it over without doing some research.

Hi Rob

Geez tough crowd!!! I contacted Australian Property Investor magazine and they suggested I come to this forum to ask my question. Apparently they receive lots of calls with the same question re mentoring programs.....

I agree it is a lot of money and I am not about to hand it over without doing some research.

They said SO much in saying nothing at all.
API and YIP interview a LOT of successful investors year after year. Read the mags. Find the investor profiles in which they say "I'm a multi millionaire property investor and I owe it all to XYZ mentoring program".
I'll give you a clue. You will be hard pressed to find any.
However, these companies spend serious $$$ in advertising space. That's what pays for the mags to be published and put in the newsagents.
Like property investment itself. It's just a game with it's own set of rules.
You think this is a tough crowd ... start an argument about positive cash flow vs capital growth or houses vs units or ask if Frankston is a good place to invest. Then you will see a tough crowd :D

Start reading. This forum in particular is chock full of useful (and some useless :0 :D) information. Buy books to get yourself educated (there is an essential reading list if you search the forums). :)

Where do i find that right mentor??

Benefiting from a mentor is like benefiting from good advisors like accountants, lawyers, mortgage brokers, etc. You need a certain level of knowledge to ask the right questions. The fact that you are even asking this tells me you don't have enough knowledge to understand what you're looking for.

It's very hard to 'mentor' a total newbie, because there are too many things they don't know. They just suffer from information overload because they have no way to slot away the masses of information that a more experienced investor might tell them. It's like trying to catch water with a sieve.

My suggestion: go read a few books first. Learn the basics. Buy a cheap, straightforward IP and learn how it works in real life. THEN, you're in a better position to know who the 'right' mentor is for you. It doesn't have to be a program. It might just be posting and reading posts on forums like this, having regular chats / lunches with investors who are around the same level but with different skills / experience in other markets, or just above you. Finding a really experienced investor doing huge projects might not be right for you, since it's way above your understanding.

As mja said, the teacher appears when the student is ready. In this case, the teacher appears when the student recognises what they need to learn.

Hi mja

Where do i find that right mentor??

The right mentor is like Chuck Norris. You don't find them. They find you.
Seriously, like MJA says, you will connect with one or more over time.
Of course, you could slip me $5,000 and join my "mentoring program" :)
It comes with the old "One, Two" warranty. Once you've paid, it's too late.
There's an abundance of info right here and in the bookstores. Find what resonates with you and make use of that information. There's no right or wrong in this game. Just what's right for YOU.

Hi

I am considering signing up for a lifetime mentoring program with Positive Real Estate.

One of the things that sets off my huckster radar, is a web site that makes absolutely zero mention of the people behind the company.

The motivation for this is often that the company directors have a shady past, or are keeping a low profile for when their dubious enterprise fails. Realize that the directors of this company have made a conscious decision to conceal their identity. It didn't happen by mistake.

I'd recommend steering clear of this group, unless you can find out who ALL the directors are, and why they choose to hide their names and faces.

Groups that operate similar to this, have in the past been behind two tiered marketing operations on the Gold and Sunny Coasts, and more recently in the Moreton Shire region of SE Qld. Right now they are loading 30k onto properties in the Murrumba Downs, Griffin, and North Lakes region.

And maybe I should change my name to Anthony Van Der Wielen.

My fav's:
Broke to multi millionaire - Peter Spann (great for mindset and intro to property)
Anything by Michael Yardney, Jan Somers, Helen Collier-Kogtevs, Margaret Lomas. These cover a spectrum of strategies and philosophies so you can work out what you think will work for you.
From my experience, wealth building begins within. Work on your mindset. The more you do that, the more successful you will become, regardless of the wealth creation vehicle you choose.
Bill Zheng's writings were the most influential for me. Without the concepts I learned from him, I wouldn't be where I am today.
http://www.propertyupdate.com.au/authors/8/Bill-Zheng
Happy reading!

Back