Positive Realeastate Seminar

Hi There

I went to a Positive Real estate Seminar last night and it did make sense and I did like the mentoring side of things . The only thing is the costs of 10,000 to join .. Is there anyone on this forum that is a member or has any information on this company . Any thing would be appreciated

Cheers
Gizzy

Hi There

I went to a Positive Real estate Seminar last night and it did make sense and I did like the mentoring side of things . The only thing is the costs of 10,000 to join .. Is there anyone on this forum that is a member or has any information on this company . Any thing would be appreciated

Not hard for people to MAKE their explanations 'make sense' when they're trying to get 10k out of you.

If you read this forum, you'll find much more useful, and objective, information. It won't make as much 'sense' as the seminar, because the forum posters aren't trying to sell you anything and they have no reason to shade it a certain way.

However, if you want the 'comfort' of knowing that someone 'experienced' is going to hold your hand..... but to where? You don't know.

As far as the company, it has been mentioned a few times. Search for thread titles (in the advanced search) with the word Positive.

Books and the forum will give you the knowledge. But often beginners need the confidence and the motivation. A mentor program is one way of helping with this. There are other ways. What works for some doesn't work for others.

Hi There

Cheers
Gizzy

I would be interested to hear if they claimed the fee would be tax deductible?

Hi Terry

They did try to say it would be tax detectable, but as I mentioned to them how can it be before I buy a property . They then said if I paid it off in instalments I could claim for the part after I buy my first property. Not sure if this is true or not I would have to check with my accountant ..

Cheers
Gizzy

Hi There

Cheers
Gizzy

Come along to the Melbourne meetups of the somersoft mob - TONIGHT!!

http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93842

Alternatively happy to sit down to talk a bit one on one for the price of a coffee.

The Y-man

Alternatively happy to sit down to talk a bit one on one for the price of a coffee.

The Y-man

Hi Gizzy,
That's 1000s worth of mentorship for the price of a coffee!

Buy a few decent books and read them cover to cover, subscribe to property magazines and ACTIVELY follow this forum and ask questions. And then go out there and apply your knowledge.

They did try to say it would be tax detectable, but as I mentioned to them how can it be before I buy a property . They then said if I paid it off in instalments I could claim for the part after I buy my first property. Not sure if this is true or not I would have to check with my accountant ..

Cheers
Gizzy

They've given you misleading information before you even started. Even as a beginner you caught them out. I wouldn't trust them with any other advice.

I don't believe that paying off later will help. I had thought that in that sort of situation the contract date was the important bit.

Hi Y Man

Hi Y Man,

Sorry I just got back on to this site , for some reason it does not send emails when there is a post ... Not sure if it can do it .

When is the next meeting I would love to come and have a coffee ..

Cheers

I recently bought my first IP using advice from the good folks on this forum. Dropping $10k on "mentorship" would have been a waste of money for me. Somersoft will allow you to read, search, and ask questions. A combination of all these should be all you need to get started with a basic IP.

You don't need to pay $10,000 for a mentor when you can get lots of "mentors" from the the Somersoft Forum for less than that. You can learn a lot more from here than at one seminar.

Remember, those who run the seminar have a agenda and that is to make money out of you. Most of that information they tell you you can find out easily by talking to other SS members and reading books/magazines.

IMO I'd rather put the $10,000 towards a deposit for a IP than for a person to hold your hand.

The only person you should talk to about anything "tax deductable" is your tax agent/accountant who will know what is and what isn't. These "mentors" are not tax experts (unless they can provide qualifications that they are). That is advice I will pay an tax accountant for.

Back