Possible to replace just a kitchen bench?

IP that I will move into one day, so I don't want to skimp out, but at the same time I don't want to splurge in case the tenant doesn't care for it.

Why not wait to do the upgrade until you move in? There's a high chance that the new benchtop will be damaged in the meantime.

Why not wait to do the upgrade until you move in? There's a high chance that the new benchtop will be damaged in the meantime.

Yup it's all about timing right now, a little touch and go in terms of when the tenant leaves etc and how much I'll have to do to attract a new one. So I'll see how it plays out.

Yup it's all about timing right now, a little touch and go in terms of when the tenant leaves etc and how much I'll have to do to attract a new one. So I'll see how it plays out.
Gumtree is your best friend. For mine: entire kitchen, $400, brand new blanco sink: $50, rangehood $70, replacement stove $350 (brand new in box). Can't go wrong really :D

The most expensive item was the bench. I had a new one made up for about $1,000. The rest was so cheap though that I didn't mind splashing out a bit on the bench.

1k??? That's amazing. How big? As you can see in my photo mine is relatively small - just a thin L shaped bench.
It's only laminex :) It's for a low end rental, so didn't need to look too flash. I will look up the size when I get home but I should have a couple of pics. Don't mind the colours, they are odd. The kitchen was purchased before I found the free blue paint. The bench and tiles are supposed to try to tie the kitchen and wall colours together. If I was starting from scratch, the only think I would have kept is the wall tiles: brand new, fully imported italian tiles, $10 m2.

Attachments

• 16627-7kitchen2.jpg
    16627-7kitchen2.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 16754-7kitchen3.jpg
    16754-7kitchen3.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 118
Coming in late, and preparing to be shot down, but you could consider resurfacing with a laminate paint. If it's structurally OK (no big nicks or dints) could be suitable.

Back