POSTS about Select American Homes

A thread was started yesterday by user name Richard Davies of propertyinvesting.com that highlights that certain people put him up to posting defamatory comments about me. It was only brought to my attention a few hours ago that this had been posted and after I responded the entire post was removed. I think it is only fair that I be given an oportunity to illustrate the facts especially since his initial thread had been on the forum for more than 24 hours.

The comments made were as follows.

"Hi All,
Just to clarify that the Emma I was mentioning on another post is a licensed real estate agent. By all accounts an informed source has made me aware that Karina (who they claim deliberately took Emma's "select" name as an ex-client) sells flips and is unlicensed.

I was informed that Emma taught this Karina everything and she just lifted the knowledge, took Emma's name and used it. By all accounts she may not be able to stay in the US without "visa runs", as she could be on a tourist visa.

Would be interesting to hear any thoughts about this, as I was only enlightened about this fact tonight.

Richard"

A fellow poster questioned Richard's motivation as to why he would post such a character assassination, his response was even more disturbing. I will let the readers make up their own minds about what is taking place here.

"Hi Wi,
I have actually never head of Karina, but I was told by a source who knows both women to post the message. I was happy to do it as Emily has been really helpful, as it seems unfair is she has been misrepresented.

I apologise if you feel I am character assassinating her and so it would be worth you elaborating on the facts Karina's expertise.

Richard"

My response is below:

Richard,

I have read some of your posts in the past and realise that you have been through a really tough time with your US investing. I am sorry that this has happened to you and appreciate the courage you have had to speak out.

I was however very disappointed at reading your character assassination of me in the post above. We have never spoken so there has obviously been some chinese whispers going on.

All of the defamatory comments above have already been made in various posts in this forum and others by lawsjs , emma’s brother (except that emma taught me everything I know, thats new) . I have sat back over many months and read the assumptions and defamatory statements made against me so I think its time to clarify a few points.

Lets start at the beginning and I will make reference to each of your points above.

lawsjs has accused me on this forum and others of lifting emma’s name. My company name is Select American Homes, www.selectamericanhomes.com The word “SELECT” is obviously the only similarity between our company names. I make no apology for my choice of company name, it accurately reflects the service I provide. The word select is a very common term used for real estate type businesses in the United States, as far as I know there is no trademark on the word “select”. I could spend the next hour noting down similar names but will focus my attention on the remaining points. I would also like to point out that Select American Homes was set up as an Atlanta based business. Emma did not operate a business in Atlanta at the time so not quite sure where the problem lies. To my knowledge she was running a real estate service in Las Vegas. In fact I had told her I had set up Select American Homes and she was very encouraging and even promoted my services to her clients. I have 2 lovely clients that were refered by Emma that are a pleasure to deal with and have purchased some fabulous properties. As she was refering clients I invited her to come and spend a few days in Atlanta and showed her parts of the city we liked for investing and properties we had sourced. She saw the incredible potential in the Atlanta market and decided to set up a service in Atlanta for her clients shortly after her visit. She mentioned that she had wished it had been in any other market other than the one I had set up in. I wished her well and felt that the market was big enough for everyone involved. Unfortunatly the character assassination began shortly after this, not by emma directly but by her brother, prior to this my company name had never been an issue.

In regards to me being an x-client of Emma’s this is not the case. I met Emma through the property forums and we have had some contact over the years , discussed USA investing but I have never purchased a property through Emma. I did spend some time with her in Las Vegas but decided not to buy there and focused my attention on Atlanta where I had already purchased. She was very generous with her time in Las Vegas and showed me through some properties.

In regards to your comment “I was informed that Emma taught this Karina everything and she just lifted the knowledge” well that’s a big statement, how does one respond to a comment like that?

Well I would like to take some credit for my own achievements. I have been investing in residential properties for over 12 years now and purchased over 23 properties in the early 2000’s , built up a multi million dollar property portfolio and have since personally purchased 10 properties for myself in Atlanta Georgia.

In regards to your comment:

“By all accounts she may not able to stay in the US without 'visa runs', as she could be on a tourist visa”
Another assumption Richard, I actually write this to you from Sydney Australia. No need to send out the immigration police ?

In regards to your comment:

“sells flips and is unlicenced.”

The term “flipping” suggests selling properties for a substantial profit or an inflated price. I would like to clarify that we pass on properties to our clients (you can call it flipping if you like) at EXACTLY the same price negotiated with the bank. Thats correct we do not mark up the property by 1 single cent and use our own money to secure the properties. We charge a facilitation fee which is fully disclosed to our clients. We are very transparent in all our dealings with our clients and I really don’t know how I can offer a fairer service than the one I offer where I don’t pass on any additional mark up.

In fact this method of operation has delivered to our clients exceptional purchases. We have secured some fabulous properties and in many instances the lowest sale prices ever recorded in a subdivision. Here are some examples. You can look them up on zillow (www.zillow.com) to view the tremendous value of these homes. None of these homes are currently available for sale. I am just trying to illustrate that our "method" that is being portrayed in a negative light has produced great results.

5778 Belmont Ridge Drive, Lithonia GA
Purchase Price $48,000

Link to photos
http://s1178.photobucket.com/albums.../Belmont Ridge renovated/?albumview=slideshow

4570 Flat Willow Place, Douglasville GA
Purchase Price $50,100

Link to photos
http://s1178.photobucket.com/albums...es/Flat Willow Renovated/?albumview=slideshow

You can also view video footage of some of the other properties we secured in Atlanta at this link.
http://www.selectamericanhomes.com/english#!__english/videos

In regards to being unlicensed, I do not claim to be a licensed real estate agent, I never have. There is a licensed real estate agent involved in all of our transactions who our clients have direct access to and many have spent entire days with looking through properties. There is no requirement for me to be a licensed real estate agent to offer a facilitation service.

I have invested a great deal of energy and time to building my business and doing something I truly love. After years of working in the corporate world I have finally found my passion and this really has been the best job in the world to me. I am very conscious of the fact that my clients are putting their trust in me and I take this very seriously and set out to achieve the very best results for them. My clients interests are always first and foremost with any decisions I make.

When I purchased my first US property my father said to me that this would be the start of something really great for me. My father passed away 1 ½ years ago. His words give me great comfort that although he is not here to see my achievements he was able to share some of my successes and happiness in doing what I love.

Karina

Last edited:
I have actually never head of Karina, but I was told by a source who knows both women to post the message. I was happy to do it as Emily has been really helpful, as it seems unfair is she has been misrepresented.

Richard"

Now let me get this right. Someone you met told you to defame someone they know did something. (there's no shaking head emoticon).

Come on Richard! What are you, 5?

I've known Karina for over 4 years, Karina is a dedicated and passionate property investor who has done very well in the Australian market and has been able to transfer those skills to America.

It's a shame that Karina with all her honesty and integrity has gotten embroiled in this thing with Emma. Also, know for a fact that Karina was buying in the Atlanta area where as Emma focussed on Las Vegas. Infact, very grateful for the time Emma spent showing me properties in Las Vegas last year.

I am sure there are enough properties available for both of them to work co-operatively rather that compete. Really unfair and distasteful that Richard who seemingly does not even know Karina should post such uncharitable things about her on a public forum.

Karina has been a very successful multi million dollar property queen WELL before she started buying in the US. I have used her services for 2 Atlanta properties and I can tell you, in my 13 years of property investing, these have been by far my best buys, already producing capital gains and incredible yield. I was just reflecting today why I hadn't used her services a year ago.

She even had the integrity to pull me out of a deal just before closing as a certain deal breaker unexpectedly surfaced, losing her 10% deposit. The loss was all hers, while protecting my capital. Unbelievable ethics which will make her successful beyond anyones imagination.

"Sigh" another infighting Emma versus Karina post. He said She said rubbish.

Please find a way to sort this out in private as it is a bit tiring reading the same posts again.

So who really cares if the names of your businesses are almost the same.

Or is it simply some "clever" marketing?

I say the girls sort their differences out by some sort of bikini jello wrestling match . Youtube or podcast the outcome and the winner is allowed to brag about it on their website as an endorsement.

I say the girls sort their differences out by some sort of bikini jello wrestling match . Youtube or podcast the outcome and the winner is allowed to brag about it on their website as an endorsement.

You know I had exactly the same thought........I just didn't think I should post it!!

Too many posts about lingerie football, jelly wrestling, etc. don't know what this forum is coming to!!!

finally some common sense on here!!

and the loser has to change their name to 'non select (just want to make a buck out of u )usa real estate'

In Support of Select American Homes

Hi,
I haven't been on this forum for quite a while, however I was alerted to the attempted character assassination of my good friend Karina by a trusted colleague and felt I had to show my support.
I'm not sure what business arrangements Karina and Emma had in the beginning, but I believe this dispute over a business name is somewhat petty.
Surely, if the State of Georgia, USA allows for the two business names to be legally registered then that should settle it.
Karina, you're doing a great job from the heaps of positive postings I've read.
Keep it up.
Cheers,
Geoff W

Hi,
I haven't been on this forum for quite a while, however I was alerted to the attempted character assassination of my good friend Karina by a trusted colleague and felt I had to show my support.

I agree with CHam....... the original post was deleted. Most of us havent seen it.

The last thing we need is people coming on to continue the fight.

I suspect its time to lock or delete this thread........ otherwise its just advertising for the businesses.

Back