Power Of Choice - Anyone going?

Rick Otton is the Wrap King, and I've never heard of the other 3.

The chick looks hot, so I'd spend $79 just to see her (not really), but she looks very young to be a property expert. It takes many, many years to become an expert with runs on the board.

For $79 you'll get the carrot dangled in front of you.

My guess is it's the precursor to the big $5k event they want you to sign up for.

I'll set you up a solid financial foundation for the next 2 years for free - save your @rse off, pay off all consumer debt, stop using credit cards and buying crap, read every property investment book you can and hang around here at least 1 hour every day.

They may have some decent info about shares, but hmmm...

Tony Melvin has written a couple of books with Ed Chan of Chan and Naylor, Accountants and promoters of PIT (Property Investment Trusts).

The books include: "How to Legally Reduce Your Tax" and "How to Achieve Wealth for Life through Property Investing" (and maybe others?).

Have been to similar seminars in the past ... after the first couple, they all begin to sound much the same, IMHO, and all want to sign you up to their 'bigger and better' seminar or product or whatever. I find I get more out of reading books, browsing the forum and talking to investors with the runs on the board.

Cheers
LynnH

Last edited:
The chick looks hot, so I'd spend $79 just to see her (not really), but she looks very young to be a property expert. It takes many, many years to become an expert with runs on the board.

Yeah, I thought there might be a few more wrinkles after 300 or whatever hands on developments. My few projects added years to my boyish looks.

You mean Carly Crutchfield? She's coming to Adelaide soon to run an evening workshop on property development. I thought the same as you when I saw the workshop website.
Can't she be gorgeous, young AND an expert?

They may have some decent info about shares, but hmmm...

Problem I have these days is I don't know it all :(, but to find the bits I don't know I have to wade through so much basic stuff (with all the hype that goes with this).

I don't expect to inherit years of experience for $99, not that naive, but I wonder if there will be any useful content.

maniyak

As to useful content, from my past experiences, there may be one or two 'gems' of info, but you can usually 'buy the book' for around $30 - one-third of the cost of the seminar.

Cheers
LynnH

I am considering as I need at little motivation at this time :eek: but also, you never know what you may learn as well.
Three years ago most of these speakers would not dare mix Share trading and Property - but hey now you can study all for the very low price of $99.00 ;)???Little Or No Money Down Property Transactions.
Why you only have 2 years to truly maximise the opportunities available
How to earn monthly income in less than 2 minutes a month – It’s like earning RENT on your shares.
you never know you might just strike a deal right there at the party!

WOW after reading all that i'm half way in the door already these people should pay you $99 bucks, plus free food,cheap wine,and fireworks,if these people are that good why are they not in the pages of BRW TOP 200 people in Australia, all the will tell you is to stop dreaming and start acting, but how can you constantly talk up the market without looking after your own self-interest ,maybe spend the time and read what happened in NZ IN THE EARLY 1970'S,when the"Lease with option to purchase" was born it's nothing new only the faces on the pine soapbox..willair..
ONE WORD THEY WON'T TALK ABOUT"TIGHTER FINANCE AND THE COSTS"'

Carly has done some amazing stuff. She is young (not as young as that photo) but she started younger.

I heard her speak once. She does huge developments. She makes it sound VERY easy (don't they all). A property developer sitting near me said "it's not THAT easy or THAT cheap".
Her mentoring course is thousands of dollars. BUT she does give you her personal mobile number.

Down boys:D

I don't think you need to pay to hear these speakers. Last week at the Think and Grow Rich seminar they had many speakers at their event and it's free.
These things are basically speakers telling a bit about their business and the opportunity to sign up for their courses.

They are interesting and you get some ideas.
Go to the next Think and Grow Rich one. They have some decent give aways too (including the book).

Last edited:
Yep. That's it

The speakers sometimes vary.

I went to the Sydney one earlier this year. They had another one in Sydney 2 weeks ago.

I was considering going again but most of the speakers were the same.

It's worthwhile if you haven't been. Theres a fair bit of motivational stuff too, by Stuart Zadel and Co. They have the rights to the book Think and Grow Rich.

The best motivational/life changing seminar though is Chris Howard- Breakthrough to success.

I'm definitely going to that again, in September.

"been involved in more than 300 property transactions"
Gotta love the marketing play with words.
Just exactly does "involved in" mean?
Gee if i start thinking that way too have been involved in countless millions.
Sounds like typical yanki marketing: "sell the sizzle not the sausage", and of course "fake it till you make it".
I think i'll change my tag to "Ole'n'Grumpy"

Rick Otton is the Wrap King,

I still prefer Run-DMC

How was the Sydney event...anyone attend?

Me and the missus are having a romantic day out to attend the Brisy event tomorrow. We drive up to the Gold Coast and catch a relaxing train ride into the city. For $80 we get fed and get to attend a party after the event. Sounds like a cheap day out.

You never know - might even learn to become a very rich man while I'm there. :D

Back