PRD Nationwide as Property Managers

Just wanted to find out if anyone is/has using/used PRD Nationwide to manage any of their properties.

I realize it really depends on what office one is referring to, and that service from branch to branch will probably differ, but I was after an overall opinion from anyone currently using them to manage any of their I/P's to see what they think.

Regards
Marty

Hi Marty,
I used PRD to manage a property of mine in Cairns and after about 2 years or so I terminated the arrangement. The particular PM was either vastly over worked or just slack - it is very difficult to tell. As your post implies though, a lot depends on the agency. Obviously, the number of staff and the number of properties managed have a big impact on how each agency works. Most/all (?) of them are franchises and that could allow some variance in service levels to creep in.

There are probably others on the forum who have used the same PRD agency as me and have had no problems. Just the luck of the draw sometimes.

Regards,
Chris.

P.S. I have terminated an agreement with a non PRD agency as well.

Hi Kissfan,

PRDNationwide, LJ Hooker, Elders, Century 21 and all the rest of them are just brand names...that's all.

The head offices of those franchises (when I worked in them anyway) did not have policy and procedure manuals for their PM departments, simply because the head franchise doesn't skim royalties from the PM revenue, only sales revenue.

Each office is independantly owned and operated, thus each office runs it's PM department differently. They're all the same...some terrible, some OK...and occassionally you get a real live one who's great.

It is unfortunate for the PM Industry, but that's the way it is...

I got a call yesterday from one of teh agencies I approached with a research email a few days ago.. "so and so from PRD Nationwide"
It threw me a bit, as I didn't recall sending them an email.

turns out Leader RE are now PRD. The PM i spoke to seemed nice enough though.. actually seemed more cluey than the other one I spoke to.

Still.. it's 6 motnhs away anyway.

Back