Pre start advice request

:). Good morning all. I am due to go to prestart for a granny flat. I have only been to a pre start once, I don't have a lot of experience, or actually good taste! Last time I took a friend whose advice I trust, this time she is not available. I do have some money to spend, last time I only used standard everything. This granny flat is not standard, I want it to be nice in case I live in it myself some day. Any advice, suggestions, tips, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:)

Do they have a selection you can choose from or do you need to go to shops?

I may live to regret this but I can come and do it with you if you like? I'm a prestart expert :D

What makes someone an expert westminster?

I've only ever done a small one because the person I usually delegate couldn't make it but is it mainly about making design choices?

What makes someone an expert westminster?

I've only ever done a small one because the person I usually delegate couldn't make it but is it mainly about making design choices?

I'm no expert really, just done lots and have a good eye for colour and choices. It is mainly about making choices, cohesive style and colours.

I'm no expert really, just done lots and have a good eye for colour and choices. It is mainly about making choices, cohesive style and colours.

I can vouch for this, 1/4 Brume colour looks awesome in a Reno we just did and only 1 coat required :)
Almost finished it so will post the process in a thread.

I never knew this service was offered... Ill keep it in mind :p

I also helped do your practical completion - my volunteering knows no bounds! I could volunteer at a charity but this is more fun :)

Are you getting a little bored in retirement westy?

Well I'm not going to volunteer to do someone's prestart on an 8 unit site but a little granny flat will be fun.

I need a distraction sometimes otherwise I go out and buy something :)

Westminister, do you have a typical colour template for the exterior and interior that you use for your projects? I've seen your bits of your suggestions here and there but never all in one place. Care to share :D

Westminister, do you have a typical colour template for the exterior and interior that you use for your projects? I've seen your bits of your suggestions here and there but never all in one place. Care to share :D

I don't have one because I tend to vary it up in a complex.

I have one 'warm' nuetral one which I used for Gwelup but it does need tweaking.

I'm working on a greyish one :)

It does depend on your spec - for example I use stone benchtops.

I can do up a post with something though.

Big thank you

:) Could I take this opportunity to send a giant thank you to Westminster, who gave up OVER THREE HOURS of her time to assist and guide me in the gruelling process of pre start. Not only has she saved me thousands of dollars but this granny flat will clearly be the most stylish and coveted in the land! Thanks again Westminster, and a double thanks for sending me the photos of the selections made, as I only have a dumb phone, hence, my need for assistance like this, thank you.:)

Back