Prefrab Designer Homes

One of my friend suggested me building my home using prefabricated materials imported from China.

I don't have any expertise in this space. Any of you have any experience in building designer houses using prefabricated material. Are there any reputable builders operating in Australia? What are the advantages and disadvantages of using Prefab option. My friend advised me that there is good savings in using prefab option.

One of my friend suggested me building my home using prefabricated materials imported from China.

I don't have any expertise in this space. Any of you have any experience in building designer houses using prefabricated material. Are there any reputable builders operating in Australia? What are the advantages and disadvantages of using Prefab option. My friend advised me that there is good savings in using prefab option.

I wouldn't do it. You have to be so certain of it meeting very precise Australian standards.
There are all sorts of alternative construction companies locally that can do the same - look up tilt up concrete panels, prefab construction, transportable homes, modular homes, solar passive construction etc etc

If you owner build be prepared to hold the dwelling for 7 years (I think) or pay for insurance on the workmanship.

Its obviously going to depend on what you are buying.

I have been involved in several "prefab" industrial kits/plant supplied to a site. In theory they were supposed to be turnkey setups just requiring the services connected. So far most have had issues with compliance such as cable color coding.
One for example had a couple hundred lights all 220V which we ended up replacing as they burnt out.

Some other stuff has arrived and been perfect.

Back