Premier 'breaks Commonwealth agreement' over Kimberley acquisition

Sure to ignite passions and the flames again

Premier 'breaks Commonwealth agreement' over Kimberley acquisition

ENVIRONMENT groups have accused Premier Colin Barnett of breaking Commonwealth agreements over the acquisition of Kimberley land for a $30b gas hub.

The fight over Kimberley gas

Government and industry are united on the economic benefits of an industry worth hundreds of billions of dollars. Aboriginal people are divided on how it will impact the community. Environmentalists say it will be the beginning of the end of the Kimberley's natural wonders.

This anouncement it a real disgrace, and thats not even taking into account the Indigenous side of the equation. This area should not be touched.
Greed Greed Greed
Next week we will be told how enviromentally commited this Govt is
Crap Crap crap
Save the whales, hug the trees, but fill my pocket with pennies first.
jeez l am angry:mad::mad::mad:

Barnett removed the Indigenous veto over a Kimberley LNG precinct which had been the policy of the previous Labor Government

Simple choice once again ;

- if you oppose all development, vote Labor.
- if you approve of selected sensible development, vote Liberal.

I guess yadreamin, because Labor is in opposition, you'll have to wait until Labor get back in power here in WA before your personal wishes may come true.

It could be a while....

Aboriginal or not..... The fact remains that governments have the right?? to "accquire" land as they see fit. It is called "Compulsory resumption"

There are lots of people that have been emotionally hurt by these laws many timeso over the years all around Australia when govt's come calling to build roads, railways, tunnels, dams etc.

Aboriginess want equality? well resumptions are sometimes a part of life...your being treated equally as the next aussie...sorry

From my reading on the subject, I'm led to believe the land is currently vacant Crown land.

I'm also led to believe there is an application that has just been submitted to the courts for a Native Title claim.

The Barnett team, whilst in opposition, was livid that Inpex pulled the plug on their developments whilst Carpenter and Ripper in power deliberately obfuscated. Labor thought they were onto a winner.

Inpex went next door to NT. They win, WA loses.

Election time comes, platforms put out there - people's chance to choose. Libs - we'll do it. Labor - we won't.

People chose to kick out Labor.

Liberals come to power with the assistance of the Nats.

I notice Brendon has slunk away and palmed it off to Colin to shoulder by himself. Nice to be 2IC, some of the power but none of the responsibility.

Govt now doing what it told the people it was going to do before they chose.

That's democracy.

That's democracy.

Are we talking about the same democracy? A politician delivering on election promises? Where is this mythical land you speak of? Next you will be telling me there are abundant resources, well paid work for all and fishing grounds where the stock hasn't been depleted. No such place exists!

I once had my land compulsorily taken. The process is unfair and the public servants involved are either corrupt or act corruptly. Sure, you will get justice if you pursue it through the courts, at great cost. I regret I didn't because I sure got the rough end of the stick.

From my reading on the subject, I'm led to believe the land is currently vacant Crown land.

I'm also led to believe there is an application that has just been submitted to the courts for a Native Title claim.

The Barnett team, whilst in opposition, was livid that Inpex pulled the plug on their developments whilst Carpenter and Ripper in power deliberately obfuscated. Labor thought they were onto a winner.

Inpex went next door to NT. They win, WA loses.

Election time comes, platforms put out there - people's chance to choose. Libs - we'll do it. Labor - we won't.

People chose to kick out Labor.

Liberals come to power with the assistance of the Nats.

I notice Brendon has slunk away and palmed it off to Colin to shoulder by himself. Nice to be 2IC, some of the power but none of the responsibility.

That's democracy.

I was led to believe it was part of Waterbank Station, purchased by the Government and planned for the Broome North Satelitte Town

Back