Presenting your Home_IP for sale

When selling a house vacant possession would you consider presenting the property using hire furniture to gain the best price possible. Realistically a house with the right look inside could make far more than an empty look.

Putting a property on the market tenanted can sway either way depending on how they keep it.

Is there a trade off between hire furniture costs, vacant & empty, tenanted and the final sale price?

MikeT

How much does the agent know? Doesn't the agent have to tell the truth? Shouldn't the agent know key details like where do you live and what the history of the place for sale has been?
How do you fill the cupboards and otherwise make it lived in?

Or do you rely on dumb buyers not asking questions of agents or looking in cupboards?

Hire furniture a great idea

Hey Freedom, What's all this gobbledy goop mean anyway?

Back on track, I think it's a good idea to hire a furniture package to spruce up a house or apartment when selling when nobody is living in it. Those home improvement and reno shows on the idiot box show how a bit of sprucing up at a small cost can be rewarded with higher selling price achieved.

You are presenting a product at it's best. When you shopping one is normally attracted to presentation and is prepared to pay more for that item.

Neo

Re: Hire furniture a great idea

Originally posted by Neo

Those home improvement and reno shows on the idiot box show how a bit of sprucing up at a small cost can be rewarded with higher selling price achieved.

Neo

Neo , how do you know that?. All you're relying on is the agents opinion on what the place is worth pre reno.

It makes for interesting TV but it doesn't prove a thing...

See Change

Miket,
Most reputable agents (such as McGrath) recommend leaving it furnished for sale. It seems to add that homey touch and shows prospective buyers how their own furniture will fit and be placed.

Fresh flowers help too. And baking bread, brewing coffee, scents, soft music (to hide the squeaks, a/c noise etc) :)

Re: Re: Hire furniture a great idea

Originally posted by see_change
Neo , how do you know that?. All you're relying on is the agents opinion on what the place is worth pre reno.

It makes for interesting TV but it doesn't prove a thing...

See Change

Geez guys, what's with all the hostility?

Nothing to do with having to prove anything. I never said I rely on anybody let alone RE agent advice.

Think about it...would your IP look better vacant or with say 2k worth of hire furniture strategically placed and netting you some 5k+ nett above your empty presented expected price?

Stop ya negativity and try to be polite! Aren't we suppose to all be mates?

Neo

Profound apologies - I did not mean to be offensive.
I was just trying to express how I react as a buyer to anything that seems fake.
I ask questions like - is it tenanted, who lives here, how long have they lived here?
Hire furniture and empty cupboards would raise many questions for me and I think I would be an unlikely purchaser.
Apologies again.

Back