Preston, Reservoir, VIC

These suburbs seem unnoticed at the moment. They are inner city (10-11km from CBD). They have great infrastructure, transport, shops, parks, local schools. Moving towards gentrification. Other 10-11km suburbs in the east and south east are all close to $1m.

Any comments?

These suburbs seem unnoticed at the moment. They are inner city (10-11km from CBD). They have great infrastructure, transport, shops, parks, local schools. Moving towards gentrification. Other 10-11km suburbs in the east and south east are all close to $1m.

Any comments?

do a thorough search and you'll find they did not go unnoticed :)

Unnoticed?? Hahaha :p:D

Tremendous growth over last 18 months!!! Quality (but not the top of the range) stuff has done an easy 50% in that time.

Any comments?

I agree with oc1, over the last couple of years Preston has definetly found it's feet. Lived their for many years when it's cousins Northcote & Thornbury wre getting all the interest and Preston only got snide remarks. Now there are big plans for the area with very little chance of any bargains.

My inlaws bought in Reservoir just before Xmas, in November I think it was and the market has definitely dropped since then in that area. I think inner city has dropped in general as the outer area's begin to make gains from the ripple effect. I am also looking at this area now, but feel there are more drops to come(probably right around Melbourne too) and will wait a little longer.

There was a 60 minutes report last night on property in Aus and pretty much said we are not immune to what happened in the States. I reckon because of shows like this and the negativity in media will makes things worse before they get any better.

My inlaws bought in Reservoir just before Xmas, in November I think it was and the market has definitely dropped since then in that area. I think inner city has dropped in general as the outer area's begin to make gains from the ripple effect.

Nah mate. Most stuff has done another 5-7% this year so far. I keep a very very close eye on things here.

I think inner city has dropped in general as the outer area's begin to make gains from the ripple effect.

3 or 4 weeks ago a house around the corner from me was auctioned, expecting to get around 700, and it sold for $914,000. And that is unrenovated, and untouched for more than 30 years.

Tools

Nah mate. Most stuff has done another 5-7% this year so far. I keep a very very close eye on things here.

I can only go by the little experience I have in the area. My inlaws bought an old weatherboard unrenovated home in a good area for $450K. A house is being auctioned in the same street(5 doors down) and it's heaps nicer and asking price is $380-$400K. I won't dispute it's gone up, this is only my own research and you obviously know the market better than I do.

Back