Price to render

I am chasing a recommendation for a renderer in Brisbane. I have a Brick duplex IP needing an up-date to sell. Can anyone give me a rough price guide and an idea as to how long the render coating actually lasts?
I'm also interested to hear of anyone's rendering experience.

Rendering on brick will cost between $45-60 per square meter. They don't drop the windows, it's just a gross wall area.

In relation to experience, I would not render unless I must. If it's not done right it looks terrible, and has maintenance requirements. You'll need to repaint it every 7 to 10 years.

Lay the bricks once and forget about them..

They are selling.

I think older houses rendered look wonderful.

I am with Deena. Nasty 70's brown bricks can smash your value. Render can really change the look of your house.

I rendered my 70's cream and brown brick house 7 years back. I still get asked if the house is new!

I am not sure what paint you are using but mine is still in great condition. I wouldnt expect i would need to repaint in the foreseable future.

Paint cost is important to factor in. Including undercoat is spent about $600 on paint. The concrete just sucks it up. One tip which will save you a lot of money is to get the undercoat tinted the same colour as you plan to paint.

Thanks guys. I remember seeing a show long ago where oxide was added to a small render job to give colour and no painting was required.

Rockcote - textured rendering system!

There is a cheaper way and a new product that you can paint with and it looks like render. See the link below:
http://www.rockcote.com.au/ranges/coloured-acrylic-renders
However, this may be more appropriate for fibro or blueboard clad exteriors.:)
Perhaps they can supply the contractors that do this work who buy their products if you rang and asked?
Remember for traditional sand & cement render you need to wait a minimum of 4 weeks before you paint the exterior walls. This is due to the "alkalinity passivation" wait period of render, prior to painting. If you cannot wait minimum 4 weeks, use Dulux Green Render Sealer (a special sealer applied to exterior walls that allows you to paint after 2 days of traditional sand & cement render being applied).
I saw recently on Ch10 on The Living Room, the house was cosmetically renovated, including rendering low set NSW house for about $6,200.00.
You really need to ask and compare quotes, as "apple for apple".

Thanks guys. I remember seeing a show long ago where oxide was added to a small render job to give colour and no painting was required.

THe problem with this is it is hard to get consistent colour and if you get chips and marks you cannot easily fix. A friend did my render and recommends painting everytime.

The rockcoat stuff doesnt work that well on brick finish as mentioned. Also the coverage is really small so can work out quite expensive.

Hi GGG, I can highly recommend Brisbane Rendering. They just rendered 3/4 of a 5 bedroom, low set brick house (just under 250sqm total) for us for just over $3k + painting. The quote to render the whole house was $5200 but we opted not to render the 'dead' areas.

I am a renovation consultant for a living and have worked with many different trades over the years (and have pretty high expectations). These guys were not only extremely well priced, they were really professional too. The company is run by a young bloke called Ashton - I think he's the owner.

The number I have for him is 0403 915 059.

Hope that helps.

Jane

I rendered the upper storey of a 2 storey house approx 8 years ago with the color in the render and it still looks absolutely fabulous. I just chose a color from the Dulux range and the renderer coloured it to match

Back