PRicefinder group membership

Is pricefinder worth having? Some of the checks I have done on my properties seem way off, especially ones that have been recently valued.

no, we reckon its pretty good. for historical data, its the actual price of course. so that data is invaluable.

as for their tool for predicting price of a property, No software is going to be perfect. its just a guide. but a useful one IMO. its also predicts rent a property will bring in. again useful.

nothing beats feet on the ground research tho. this is just a tool to help save time and give analysis.

overall its really useful we find. and definitely worth having for anyone wanting to purchase IP's.

anyway hope that helps.
Rod

As I haven't other similar databases, I don't know how good the pricefinder predictions are. But the historical data it provides is very useful. Once you have done some ground work, if you analyse the pricefinder data, you can get a good idea about the fair price for the houses in the market thus pricefinder is a good tool to determine how much to offer.

Several of the brokers on this forum already have Australia wide subscriptions to various data services such as Residex or RPData and provide reports to their clients for free. It's not as convenient as having your own subscription, but it might save a few bucks.

I've attached a sample report so you can see what's in a Residex CMA.

I don't think you'll find that one services is inherently better than another. For some areas Residex is great, for others RPData might be better. Sometimes they're just outright inaccurate in the price estimates. It's the other data in the reports that's really useful, not the figure on the front page.

Attachments

• 05 - Residex Sample.pdf
    1,022.3 KB · Views: 139
yeah brokers can offer a search or two for you. BUT... Nothing like having your own access to a property data base tho when you want it. you dont have to rely on any one else, or wait around if you find something of interest that afternoon, or be dependent on another to find info for you. or feel like your imposing or worried you have asked too many 'favours' for searches etc.

its for all these reasons we set up our own group. and it works really well.

Pricefinder gives all the same data report like Residex pdf you posted. its easy to use and a great system - really simple and easy imterface. far easier and more intuitive than RP IMO - which really needs an overhaul. just y opinion. certainly good bang for buck for what we get and we get data form ost states really.

love PF's pricing tool that allows you to get an estimate of what a house is worth compared to others that have sold in the area, using the proprietary algorithm they developed. not perfect, but pretty damn useful.

cheers

Back