Prioritising my value add projects

There's a few jobs I want to do to my PPOR, with a view to improving it's valuation (to extract equity later). It's a 1960's unit (2/1/1, 5 units on a single level block) in Moonee Ponds.

Which of these are likely to have the biggest impact on a valuation (I can't afford to do everything at once, so looking to prioritise them):

• Install a split system A/C unit for the living/kitchen area (I currently have no heating system and figured a split system would provide the best bang for buck).
  • Install a dishwasher (doesn't have one)
  • Install new front door and fly screen. The door looks like it's from the original build and the fly screen is an ugly brown diamond pattern abomination. I read in a renovations book that the front door can have a reasonable impact on final sales result.
  • Re-do kitchen + living area flooring (37m2). Existing living is ugly old green carpet that is well past it's use by date. Kitchen is pine floorboards which are looking very tired and dinged up.
  • Entire bathroom renovation. Existing bathroom is original, ugly and tired. This job would require complete tear down and removal of bath, shower, tiles and flooring (possible asbestos underneath), and installation of new bath, new shower, and new tiles (will keep existing vanity). I'm not very handy so most of this (except maybe the demolition/removal bit) would be done be tradespeople.

I would have thought the bathroom. Its the most expensive & complicated to do, and so is the thing people would be most keen to not have to do themselves.

I would think value adding wise, pretty much in the reverse order of what you've listed. Bang for buck flooring probably higher.

My order
Kitchen
bathroom
aircon
dishwasher
front door

Id do kitchen and bathroom
if after that you have money left then tick off the other boxes

My order
Kitchen
bathroom
aircon
dishwasher
front door

Id do kitchen and bathroom
if after that you have money left then tick off the other boxes

Do you mean a kitchen renovation, or just the flooring part? My kitchen is not that bad, so I am not looking to renovate it.

Back