Private listing websites?

Hello every one,

The tenants of my house at Canberra are moving out soon, and have listed the house in allhomes and gumtree for 3 weeks.

For the first two weeks, got some phone calls and emails from the website. some people come to view the house and said they were very interested in it, and asked application forms to take home, and none of them hand the application back.

There are not many houses for rent in the suburb, but many in surrounding ones. Had an open house last Sunday, only two couple come... and no request from the websites at all.

Just wondering if I should list the ads on other website?

Which websites do you use for private rentals?
What do you think the current rental market at this time of year? Should I drop the price or wait for another week or so?

Thanks ; -)

I got a tenant (also in Canberra) without even listing it. It was just someone who walked into my property manager's office and described wanting a house like mine, the agent showed it to them and they signed later that day (once I approved them). My agent said she's getting between 20-25 people through each inspection in her other properties for each viewing.

Is your price set too high? Can you post up a link to the ad so I can have a look at it for you?

I have never listed anywhere but allhomes in Canberra, and I don't think I would if I was renting privately either. Noone I know in Canberra looks at any papers for rentals, the only other place they looks is in agents guides.

Hi Aulyna

The price may be too high.

Rentals in Canberra usually get snapped up quite quickly. That's been my experience and that of many of my clients.

Allhomes should be the only place you need to advertise.

How does your asking price compare to other properties within the area?

Cheers

Jamie

Thanks for your message Jamie & luckyone ; -)

The price is reasonable compare with similar houses in close area. Some houses are priced lower and some higher than mine.

It is a wide price range on the current Canberra market. Some 4-2-1 houses priced as low as $440/week, and some 3-1-1 houses priced as high as $580.

Seems the lower priced house were rented much quicker. Might need to lower the price if it could not be rented this weekend.

Thanks ; -)

Back