Private Sale Opportunity - St Clair Sydney

Hi All

This is (hopefully) not spam... if it is not 100% suitable please let me know :) I am looking for a way to look after my own interests as well as help out a good guy (my landlord).

I am an investor and I rent - fairly common these days. I have a private lease with a great landlord so there is no agency involved.

Unfortunately the landlord is in a position where he has to sell the property - bit of a bummer. He gave me the bad news last night and I told him I would have a scout around to see if any investors here would be after a good deal.

The house

- 3 bedroom brick veneer built early 80's
- Quiet street with great neighbours
- Big level block of land (around 700+sqm) which is level with colourbond fencing
- Has had a roof restoration
- Gas connected for cooking, oven and hot water
- 4 car secured carport with automatic door
- Side sunroom/queensland room
- Original kitchen and bathroom in good condition
- Recently painted, some new areas of carpet

Through an agency it would probably be listed around the $335-$345k mark. With a private sale, plenty of room to negotiate.

Obviously I want to stay here :) As such I would be open to pay a fair market rent (currently paying $330pw which is the equivalent of $360pw through an agency).

Anyway, if there is any interest or questions, I would be happy to put you in touch with the owner.

Cheers
Dave

Obviously I want to stay here :) As such I would be open to pay a fair market rent (currently paying $330pw which is the equivalent of $360pw through an agency).

It sounds like market rent is $360 (is that what you are saying?) so you are not paying market rent now. Will you be happy to pay $360 per week (or more?) once it is sold if you are allowed to stay?

You might be shooting yourself in the foot finding a buyer who will jack up your rent when your lease finishes. Even if it is sold to someone who self manages, it doesn't mean the new landlord will accept less than market rent.

Market rent in its current form is $360pw, maybe $370, which I am fine to pay.

The original rent when I took out the lease through the agent was $330pw - after 6 months we then went to a private lease so the landlord got the full $330 in hand rather than increasing rent.

I have offered in the past to increase the rent if he needs to, however he said he would rather keep a long term tenant than increase it all the time. As such there has not been a rental increase since the day the lease was signed over 2 years ago.

Unfortunately circumstances have changed for him and if I go somewhere else, I will pay in the $360-$380 mark so am fully prepared for that eventuality.

Back