Probably a stupid question but would it work?

If i may ask how much did it cost you approximately?

One world.

Im also guessing you didnt have a fence seperating you?

And why did you stop doing it?

Oh Ok thank you, right so you would need water tight electrical connection from house to yard,and that would be difficult to do with a fence between you but all is possible if it is tried.

Water ,im guessing there are storage tanks on board, also could try plumbing up pre existing rain water tank as well to run on part of the time WINNING!!!

How would you figure out the rent as well,what? a bit below what a granny flat rents for, but more than a single room in a house would rent for.

YEAH?

Back in the 90s we were getting around $100 a week. It went towards the mortgage.

Keep your eyes peeled for caravans at auctions, including accident damaged ones (you only need to tow it there and keep it parked for a few years). I once bought a massive 3 room caravan for just $3000, it was formerly owned by the Surveying Dept and was built to take hard knocks. Awfully hot in summer though.

Good luck in taming your mortgage. Mate, I've been there and know how you feel. Sometimes we need Yield, no shame in that.

May your investments go well dude.

Thank-you very much for your help one world.

It has given me a lot to think about.

Just need to get it into action now.

Could even buy one with solar panels fitted to it then i would be really WINNING.

One more thing if there is no toilet in Back yard how would you sort that out?

Thank-you very much for your help one world.

It has given me a lot to think about.

Just need to get it into action now.

Could even buy one with solar panels fitted to it then i would be really WINNING.

One more thing if there is no toilet in Back yard how would you sort that out?

Perfect! These caravans with an inbuilt shower and toilet are pretty rare. Grab it mate. It's cheap! I am guessing but in WA or the NT, you could get $150-$200 a week renting this beauty out.

You will probably make a few bucks on the caravan, as I did, when you get tired of sharing your land with friends and its time to sell.

Another bizarre idea. One of my friends in Darwin lived in a 12m yacht that was parked on a mate's land. They don't need to be seaworthy either. Of course you will need Council permission to park a yacht on your yard but, back in the Darwin of the 90s, it was easily done if you had a large block.

If you're using a caravan as a permenant residence I would be tempted to try for one a little bigger (after all the main disadvantage of bigger caravans is when you tow them).

I have been tempted to investigate transportables as granny flats (although I would try and get it approved by the council - I suspect they don't like transportables). That way when I finally decide the time is right to develop the site I just move the transportable onto the next property. Beats having a 100k granny flat that has to be demolished one day.

As mentioned by someone else if you can get a caravan with a toilet/shower built in thats half your issues sorted - just run semi permanent water/sewage lines to the caravan. Even if you need a plumber to connect/disconnect the caravan when the time comes to move it, it would be worth it.

Hi Waldo thanks for your opinion.

How would a plumber tap into sewage lines that doesnt sound easy??

Sorry for the NOOB question.

I was thinking a 22 foot caravan.

Why not buy a caravan park for like 400k and rent it out with permenant tenants for like 30% yield and clear $50kpa cashflow? :D

Nathan what do you think about this Caravan rental in backyard idea?

I did consider the Park options perhaps when i have built up some more equity.

Why not buy a caravan park for like 400k and rent it out with permenant tenants for like 30% yield and clear $50kpa cashflow? :D

Nathan you are renowned on this forum for doing the impossible.

But where can we find a caravan park for $400,000? I've looked into it as a land banking exercise but had no luck.

Back