Problem accessing Somersoft.

Earlier on today I went to get on to Somersoft but couldn't. Was getting a message saying 'Error 403, PHP settings have been disabled by H-Sphere administrator'.

Is this normal and has anybody else experienced this.

Just wondering if the problem was at my end or the servers end.

Obviously I can access the site now :D.

Regards
Marty

works nearly all the time for me.... sometimes when i click to change page or subit reply, it hangs for ages, sometimes it resumes, others it takes far too long & change to something else... bit random 'when' it happens, but I'm oly on evenings or w/ends..

Definately got that Parallels H Sphere today only from Somersoft. I clicked on a link on the page and they are selling computers! Maybe the website got hijacked for a while.

This happened to me today with SS also so Googled Error 403 and found that the error is usually due to the site you're visiting denying access.

Thought I had been banned :eek:.

Was a web server configuration problem introduced as a result of a server upgrade.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Good work getting the server back online Sim, given you found out about it in Auckland (when there for a couple of minutes) en route to Santiago!

Appreciate your efforts, even whilst you are supposed to be on holidays!

I heartily endorse Horizon's comments!!!

Had the same problem as everyone else - and no computer-savvy family members at home, so emailed webmaster@ss with a plea for 'HELP! I had emails from Ian and Sim within a very short time and the problem was fixed shortly after that. A big 'Thank You' to both Ian and Sim - what would we SS addicts do without you???

I hope you have a wonderful holiday, Sim! :)

Cheers
LynnH

On a different matter here. Has anyone else not been able to access SS again?????

Since Friday afternoon, I haven't been able to get on. I kept getting the sign "Oops, there seems to be something wrong, bla bla bla", yet I noticed there are/were some posts from yesterday.

Anyone else???

Whats going on?

Regards
Marty

Had the same problem, Marty. No problems getting in over the weekend at home, but couldn't open the forum from my office today. Explanation here from Sim.

Clearly, problem solved now :)
Aah, thanks for that James.

Didn't see that thread over at Invested and yes, I'm with Optus as well.

Yep, all good now.

Regards
Marty

Back