Problem with condensation or leak (photos included) ?

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone here can give me some advice as to what could be causing the marks on 2 of the walls in my house. These wall are facing towards the outside of the house (external facing walls).

The house was painted around 2 years ago and I found these today, they might have been there for some time.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks.

Attachments

• mmexport1432356376848.jpg
    mmexport1432356376848.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 127
  • mmexport1432356381805.jpg
    mmexport1432356381805.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 114
  • mmexport1432356385817.jpg
    mmexport1432356385817.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 102
You will be surprised how far steam from cooking will travel, particularly if the windows are shut and there is no exhaust fan.

Scape some of he wall and place in half pot of water, add salt and simmer for 5 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes and see if it tastes like a familiar dish.

Scape some of he wall and place in half pot of water, add salt and simmer for 5 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes and see if it tastes like a familiar dish.

Ewww...you are all class, aren't you?:rolleyes:

Do you, or anyone in your house smoke?

^^^ Well, I suppose I do occasionally have a house full of choofers but there is no way the smoke could possible reach Eternit's house. :D

^^^ Well, I suppose I do occasionally have a house full of choofers but there is no way the smoke could possible reach Eternit's house. :D

LOL! I was asking if Eternit smoked!

I was thinking it could be nicotine. I seem to recall similar stuff when I was a kid. Both my parents chain smoked, and the walls & ceiling was covered in it.

Could it be some kind of fly spray that someone has been to heavy handed with
causing a few runs and its discoloured over time.

nope, no one in the house smokes. Although I purchased the house 2 years ago and previous owners smoked. But the house was freshly painted after I purchased it.

im going with skater on this one, my house done exactly the same. its either from smokers or wood fire.

mine had an open fireplace in it and the ceilings and walls looked like that.
it took 3 goes of sugar soap until the water was pretty clean before painting.
some of the roof bled through even though i cleaned it 3 times so undercoated it and done 3 coats with a different ceiling paint and looks good now.

give it a good sugar soap and keep an eye on it.

It is nicotine. I have the same in condensate forming areas (ensuite, bathroom). Previous owners chain smoked. It leeches through the paint if not cleaned and prepped properly before painting.

Needs to be washed off, prepped with oil based primer, then repainted.

Yes, this is what my chainsmoker walls looked like the day after I'd spent all day cleaning them with sugar soap. Keep cleaning, cleaning, cleaning and follow instructions as above.
:rolleyes:

Back