Problems registering with hotmail and yahoo email accounts

Sim

Administrator
Hotmail, Yahoo and other free email accounts often have problems where they refuse to deliver email from forum software. This can cause problems for people with registering as a member of our forum given that we require you to verify your email address as part of the registration process.

If you have tried registering with a Hotmail or Yahoo or similar account and have not successfully completed registration, then I expect that is what you problem has been. In fact, the problem with bounced emails and other problems has become so bad that I have had to ban further registrations of hotmail or yahoo email accounts - it simply takes too much time to manage.

If you have been having problems or if your registration has been refused by the system because of the address you chose, then I suggest that you email the webmaster (me !) via the Contact Us form at the bottom of the page, and preferably choose a different email address to register with. Nobody can find your email address unless you give it to them, so it is quite alright to use your ISP email address for forum registration.

Some other people have mailboxes which keep filling up or have other regular problems. I will have to start removing certain rights for these users until they get themselves a more reliable email address. Again, if you have problems or questions, please let me know via email.

Thank you for that Sim,
I am seriously thinking of getting out of Hotmail+Yahoo email accounts, cos its giving me grief!!

cheers mate,

Z

I haven't noticed any problems with Gmail yet - but then again, I haven't had any problems with Hotmail or Yahoo for a little while either - althought that might be just coincidence.

Sim said:
I haven't noticed any problems with Gmail yet - but then again, I haven't had any problems with Hotmail or Yahoo for a little while either - althought that might be just coincidence.

Hallo Sim,

how about westnet,have you any insights with that account or is bigpond more reliable. Im not sure which one suits me best and getting rather confused :confused:

thnks,
Zp

hmmm ... you said BigPond and reliable in the same sentence ... that's just not right :p

In my personal experience, BigPond is one of the LEAST reliable ISPs around - especially when it comes to email.

I personally use and recommend Internode ... www.on.net

I know other people who are very happy with iiNet www.iinet.net.au and Westnet www.westnet.com.au

If you are already on Westnet - you'll be fine. If you are looking for an ISP, any of those three will do you well (although I think Internode is the best :D )

My advice is to stay away from BigPond.

Sim said:
hmmm ... you said BigPond and reliable in the same sentence ... that's just not right :p

In my personal experience, BigPond is one of the LEAST reliable ISPs around - especially when it comes to email.

I personally use and recommend Internode ... www.on.net

I know other people who are very happy with iiNet www.iinet.net.au and Westnet www.westnet.com.au

If you are already on Westnet - you'll be fine. If you are looking for an ISP, any of those three will do you well (although I think Internode is the best :D )

My advice is to stay away from BigPond.

;) Cheers Sim,

I shall suss out the Internode, iiNet and westnet. My friends swears by bigpond I thought i asked you anyway,since you seem to know what you're talking about.

:) Zph

Back