Process/checks needed to buy land to build?

I'm planning to buy a "subdivisioned" land and to build on it.

What are the process/checks needed?

I know I should probably get S32 for easements, and then.....what get a builder to build? hmmmm,

get the title and vendor statement checked by your lawyer before you buy... sometimes there are restrictive covenants on the title that will restrict what you want to do...heritage overlays, etc, etc.

I have just purchased a covenanted subdivision block,which only settled last week.When I signed my contract with the Real estate agent,the covenant signing was a big part of it.

I have since found out I did not need to sign the covenant as the property had a previous owner.
I am a little upset with this,however "Buyer Beware" My fault for not checking.I will check next time?

There is a clause you must build in two years on it and the previous owner went past the time frame.They were giving her a hard time.

Lucky I stepped in and bought it off her for $30,000 less than she paid for it 2.5 years ago.:D
$11,000 above 2007's unimproved land value:D
$60-65,000 less than similar properties next door and throughout the subdivision.:D

I'm planning to buy a "subdivisioned" land and to build on it.

What are the process/checks needed?

I know I should probably get S32 for easements, and then.....what get a builder to build? hmmmm,

After reading your post again,you need to get the covenant contract / conditions off the real estate or developer.Very important
Restrictions can be but are different in all areas
1:Time to build,usually two years,however extensions can apply.
2: Minimum size of house,will be a lot more expensive to build a bigger house.
3:Types of houses,no two story / fibro etc,
4: Fences of a specific size and type,if they allow any at all at the front.
5: Driveways of a specific type
6: Landscaping of a specific type

Find a builder and make sure he has a copy of the covenant.

just to make sure, for the time to build = 2 years, does it mean that we can start building at 1.9 years?

Also, do I also need to check the easements before I build? What if it's running thru the mid of my block? haha!

just to make sure, for the time to build = 2 years, does it mean that we can start building at 1.9 years?

Also, do I also need to check the easements before I build? What if it's running thru the mid of my block? haha!

Easements should be disclosed by RE (Just ask),easements arent that big a problem,I have two on mine,one for the water pipes,electricity and future footpaths along the front and one for a delightful little creek that runs along the boundary of the property.
You cannot build on the easement,anything you put there can be knocked down if they need to use that land.
Two years is a standard,however just ask RE for covenant conditions.
Yes it means if you lodge plans with council in 1.9 years,that's fine.
What area is it in?

Back