Process for selling myself?

Hi guys,

I'm selling my townhouse myself and have my Section 32 and Contract of Sale ready to go.

Can someone please clarify the process if someone would like to make an offer what are the correct steps to take? Do I fill out my section of the Contract of Sale and then send it to them and let them put in the price or do I ask first and then put in the price etc? Also what happens with the deposit, let's say they put in an offer I accept and we both sign the Contract of Sale, what happens to the 10%$ deposit, ie do they give that to my Solicitor or theirs?

Thanks,

LT

Title Change lol? I said I'm selling it myself, I didn't say I'm doing the Conveyancing but thanks again for your great input lol

Your title said "The process of selling myself" without 'it' ;)

I am fairly sure the 10% deposit is sent to the seller's solicitor account (eventually). Why not ask your solicitor how it works?

Why not ask your solicitor how it works?

What EN710 said above ^^.

Dont take this the wrong way other than constructive advice, but if you need to ask the legal sales process on a public forum, maybe you really should put the sale in the hands of an industry selling professional.

It may save you some money in the long run

Best of luck and do let us know how the sale pans out.

Your title said "The process of selling myself" without 'it' ;)

I am fairly sure the 10% deposit is sent to the seller's solicitor account (eventually). Why not ask your solicitor how it works?

OK ok got me on a technicality lol. I mean the sale process minus the conveyancing obviously. Fair point re contacting the solicitor too, I've done that but just thought I'd ask here as well for those that have done it recently etc etc.

Contracts

You need to have two copies of the contract. One for the buyer and one for yourself (the Vendor)

Make sure everything applicable is ticked, all the inclusions, if property to be in Vacant possession or tenanted.

Get the deposit- it will usually be a 5 or 10 day cooling off period. Once the cooling off has ended, the contracts are now exchanged and buyer will need to pay remaining 10% deposit

Last edited:
Check with your solicitor who the deposit holder is - in this instance your solicitor should hold it in their trust fund not in your personal account - this is the equivalent of releasing the bond to the owner.

PS: the 'personal' section of the newspaper is a great place for selling yourself ;)

You need to have two copies of the contract. One for the buyer and one for yourself (the Vendor)

Make sure everything applicable is ticked, all the inclusions, if property to be in Vacant possession or tenanted.

Get the deposit- it will usually be a 5 or 10 day cooling off period. Once the cooling off has ended, the contracts are now exchanged and buyer will need to pay remaining 10% deposit

Thanks Esh for the info.

Check with your solicitor who the deposit holder is - in this instance your solicitor should hold it in their trust fund not in your personal account - this is the equivalent of releasing the bond to the owner.

PS: the 'personal' section of the newspaper is a great place for selling yourself ;)

Thanks Scotty, yes I spoke to my Solicitor and she said it's put in their Solicitors Trust Account apparantly.

It's easy to sell yourself - be confident, provide value.

you sell yourself in everything you do ;)

The process of a private sale for your own property.
Good lucK!!!

It's easy to sell yourself - be confident, provide value.

you sell yourself in everything you do ;)

The process of a private sale for your own property.
Good lucK!!!

Preparing the Townhouse tomorrow for photos and then listing - will let you all know how I go when it lists this week sometime. Fingers crossed :)

I have just sold my commercial property myself, it was easy despite others telling me I was mad, saved thousands in commission and am planning on selling my house myself. My big mistake was choosing a solicitor who was not well versed in GST compliance and taxation and was only available 3-4 days a week.

Am having floor plan drawn up of the house as I feel this is a good selling tool and will be taking photographs myself :eek:

Should also add I am a retired REA so maybe I have an advantage over others.

I know people that have done this and failed miserably, but I am NOT saying don't do it

From a different perspective, different agents in the same area often achieve different results for the same quality of stock- due to an array of different reasons.

Careful close research and persistence will often reveal an agent that will appear to achieve higher value sales results consistently. I know of the 15 areas I watch weekly I could point out at least one agent per locality that achieves higher sales results and too whom I would personally appoint to sell my property

Something to think about

I thought the young lady I walked past was trying to get me interested in a restaurant- until I realised it was a hotel, not a restaurant.

Now that's selling yourself.

Back