Process for selling myself?

Hi All,

We are Live now, wish me luck lol :)

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-townhouse-vic-ardeer-119829607

See how we go, it's only $650 so we'll go from there.

Good luck with the listing littletee.

Just one change I would make is not to show all those home open dates and times.... people will put things off where ever they can. The idea is to get them in the door as fast as you can because a property goes stale after a month. You need to create a sense of urgency in them to inspect...limiting the opportunity is the incentive.

Once again, good luck.

Good luck with the listing littletee.

Just one change I would make is not to show all those home open dates and times.... people will put things off where ever they can. The idea is to get them in the door as fast as you can because a property goes stale after a month. You need to create a sense of urgency in them to inspect...limiting the opportunity is the incentive.

Once again, good luck.

Hi Rixter,

Thanks so much for the feedback, that's really appreciated and makes total sense.

I've edited the Ad so it only shows the Open Date for the 1st one being next Saturday 30th May. Do you suggest to keep the Open Date visible only 1 week at a time for the reasons you described above?

Thanks, will let you know how it all goes. So far 2 enquiries requesting inspection ASAP.

Do you suggest to keep the Open Date visible only 1 week at a time for the reasons you described above?

Thanks, will let you know how it all goes. So far 2 enquiries requesting inspection ASAP.

Yes, keep it one week at a time. Its why the REA's do it. Creates sense of urgency and buyer competition by pressing their fear of missing out buttons.

Yes, keep it one week at a time. Its why the REA's do it. Sense of urgency and creates buyer competition by pressing their fear of missing out buttons.

Got it, have just edited it to keep it one week at a time. Thanks again for the advise, appreciate it.

Good luck, I am sure you will get agents emailing you too btw lol

Thanks gents let's see what happens, in absolute no rush to sell so me and the missus said let's spend the $650 with BMP and give it a crack. If it doesn't sell within 2-3 months, we'll pull it off the market, let it rest for a bit and then give it to an Agent to sell over Spring.

I know a couple of the leading Agents in the area but there are tonnes of others so yeah I'm expecting they'll reach out sooner or later but you can't blame them, it's their job which I can understand.

Thanks Nick & Esh, appreciate it.

First open for inspection is this Saturday, so far we've had lots of enquiries so I'm expecting a few people at the open.

However, I'm realistic to know it all means nothing unless a good offer comes in so fingers crossed.

Will continue to keep you all updated on how it goes, I think so far so good and am comfortable with my decision to give it a crack myself.

Hi All,

An update for anyone who's interested after our first open for inspection today.

Leading up to today I'd had a few enquiries, around 15-20 I'd say. Yesterday I sent those that expressed interest a reminder email/sms that today was the first open for inspection. I printed a few copies of the Section 32 and also some colour brochures to give away to those who attended today, they were ready to go today together with chocolates and cold water for everyone who attended etc.

We de-cluttered the house and it looked brilliant in my opinion. So today rolled around and we had 9 prospective buyers show up and out of those I reckon there are probably 2 or 3 serious ones who may put in a formal offer - one of them infact called back in the afternoon to talk about prices and process of putting in an offer etc so that was a bit of good news.

Prior also to today someone who lives down the road (they're renting) randomly rocked up and took a look around and then put in a formal offer for $382k on Thursday night, not a bad way to kick off proceedings I guess. I thanked them and told them we'll need a bit of time because in all honestly we wanted to hold todays open to see what comes of it as a few people had expressed real interest, I'd rather be honest with everyone. Told a the prospective buyers who asked that we had received one offer already but didn't disclose price, just told them we wanted to wait until today which is true. If I don't accept that offer which I won't I think, I think I'm going to have to change the Ad to "More than 380,000" based on that offer and the interest being shown I think. Am expecting another formal offer early to mid week from the person who called me this afternoon but we'll see how it goes.

Anyhow really happy how today went and was actually a great experience meeting and talking to them etc, lots of nice people and everyone has different stories and situations. Most of my prospective buyers were actually home buyers and not investors, I'd say 7 of them were home buyers (newly weds, divorced couple, renters, parents looking for child etc) and a couple of them were investors.

All is all extremely happy with my decision to do this myself and honestly enjoying the process. Also backing myself to get a really good price equal to what any agent would of got I reckon based on the EPR's I got from the 2 leading agents in the area previously.

Will continue to update you guys as I move, hopefully someone is interested in this whole journey haha :)

That's a good turn out. Ideally, you should also call up all of the people that came to inspect to let them know that you are taking offers and would like to give them a chance before you make any decision. Also good to get some feedback from everyone.

Now you have to see if you can get the price you want from the interested parties.
Otherwise try to keep them on hold and wait another week If you can't get the offers you want. There is some risk that you may lose the offers you have though.

Yes, you may have to change the price if you say no to their offer. At least in NSW if you decline a written offer then you have to change the asking price to the same or higher price.

Btw forgot to mention that there are websites which you can create floor plans for free.

That's a good turn out. Ideally, you should also call up all of the people that came to inspect to let them know that you are taking offers and would like to give them a chance before you make any decision. Also good to get some feedback from everyone.

Now you have to see if you can get the price you want from the interested parties.
Otherwise try to keep them on hold and wait another week If you can't get the offers you want. There is some risk that you may lose the offers you have though.

Yes, you may have to change the price if you say no to their offer. At least in NSW if you decline a written offer then you have to change the asking price to the same or higher price.

Btw forgot to mention that there are websites which you can create floor plans for free.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the advise. That's exactly what I was planning on doing, most likely on Wednesday as I want to give the prospective buyers time to digest, perhaps speak to Solicitors/Conveyancers and Bank etc.

Can you please tell me the websites about the free layouts please Nick? That's the only part of my Ad I wasn't happy with but I thought that the description and pics would be the main features and people would like past that and perhaps I was right going by the turnout but I'd still like to fix this part if I can easily and cheaply.

Thanks again,

LT

Back