Process Value Adding

When considering ?Value Adding?, its just not the physical design, materials used or cheap trades that can add value to a development. Easy to use and understand processes can save thousands of dollars off of a development project which in turn has the potential to add thousands to your end value.

One area that is often overlooked by those who are new to the development game is the paper processes involved. While laborious and quite time consuming it is without doubt one of the most important parts of the development process and the area where you can add incredible value.

It has taken me many years and plenty of trial an error to put systems and templates in place to make the process easier and more time efficient. It still doesn?t get me away from the desk as much as I?d like but it makes doing the job a lot less stressful.

For example I used to use MS Project as my main project scheduling program. It is a fantastic program but I found that it had so many features imbedded into the program that really weren?t relevant to my project needs and types. Also in this day and age when you?re sending digital information to supervisors and project managers they needed to have an understanding of the program to make changes, add suggestions or confirm tasks completed or not. So I found that good old MS Excel was the best product for me to create templates for project scheduling. It is also an easy program to use and most computers run MS Office which has Excel already on them.

I?m interested to know if anyone else has some system saving ideas for keeping there admin costs and time to a minimum.

Back