Professional Nibbler - any opinions?

Has anybody used a "professional nibbler" tool as seen on late night TV :D.

We've laughed at the adverts, but the product does seem to be good. I'm wondering if there are other similar tools that are as good or better without the expensive advertisements that we will pay for by buying the one so heavily advertised.

Hubby is wanting one for some work he is thinking of doing, so I wonder if anybody has bought one, what you think of it, and is it better to buy a different brand without the hype?

FIL got "The Renovator" for Christmas and has recently been using it.

These items seem to be on late night TV and then make their way into the stores eventually?

Sorry, can't give you feedback on the product.

Just want to comment on the TV ad :)
I can't believe they are still running the same ad !!!
It must have been on for at least 10 or 15 years now and they are still running it.
It's got to be the longest lasting TV shopping product ever listed in it's original form.
The actors are funny to watch.

Considering this, it's probably a good product if it's still being marketed.

Not having seen the add I'm not sure what price etc.

But nibbler's are made by Makita and a number of other brands. You should be able to find them in any decent tool store.
I assume you are talking about a device for cutting tin etc. The more expensive ones can cut up to about 4mm plate.

FIL got "The Renovator" for Christmas and has recently been using it.

These items seem to be on late night TV and then make their way into the stores eventually?

I saw that ad on TV the other day and it's already well and truly made it to stores. Bunnings at least... I have an ozito one, bosch do them as well. Only cost about $50 and has been a great little unit.

Thanks for the replies so far.

I searched and found "nibblers" ranging in price. The one on TV just is something you add to your own drill, hence its price is cheaper than one that is just a nibbler and does nothing else.

It is worth finding the ad to have a good giggle. I wonder if they are professional actors :p:D (just kidding, they clearly are NOT).

DaveMSydney... I knew someone would not be able to resist :D.

I've always found that 'nibble Nobby's nuts before Nobby nibbles yours' was pretty good advice.

P.S. My ex-gf's sister's name was Nobby. True story.

Back